|Location||Hyde Park, Massachusetts|
|Date Posted||January 24, 2023|
Wireless RF Technician
Maverick Engineering & Construction is a full-service Engineering and Construction firm working in the telecommunications, electrical vehicle infrastructure, and electrical power sectors. Our customers range from traditional municipal and co-op electric utilities and telecommunication service providers to companies operating in the oil & gas and the transportation industries. Maverick and its affiliates provide project management, quality control and review services; aerial, underground, and technical services in construction; as well as design, survey, permitting, and owner's agent services in engineering and Construction. Maverick has been incorporated since 1994, and is a growing company with headquarters in Boston, Massachusetts.
We are seeking an experienced RF Technician to install, test, commission and integrate RF systems on small cells and carrier add sites. This position requires the candidate to confidently display their technical abilities, including clear communication, technical ability, reading RF and construction drawings.
- This is an outdoor field position, requires clean background and clean Motor Vehicle Record (MVR)
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Comfortable with heights (30 - 40 feet)
- Comfortable learning and using test equipment
- Experience with RF sweep gear (spectrum analyzer, line, and antenna analyzer), signal generator and PIM test gear is a required, certificate of training an asset
- Supply and responsible for Red-Line drawings and supportive closeout documentation
- Strong, clear, and prompt communication
- Maintain safety standards, and values safety more than anything else
- Schedule flexibility (day and sometime night shifts) available, 40+ hours per week
- Candidate required to complete safety training and wear a safety harness along with Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving abilities
- Must have team-oriented attitude, accountability, and ownership
Required Physical Abilities:
RF Technician work requires physical abilities to include lifting to 50 lbs. regularly. Full dexterity is required including bending, kneeling, twisting, fine motor skills with hands and fingers, full rotation of the head and neck. Ability to see, hear and be alert while operating equipment. Ability to operate bucket truck equipment and perform work safely. Ability to stand for prolonged hours.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Current driver's licenses. CDL licenses would be a plus but not needed
- 1+ years of relevant experience
- Customer service and professional attitude/demeanor
- Self-starter, motivated, team player/collaborator with the ability to prioritize work
- Demonstrated willingness and ability to work independently and productively and to accept direction
- Highly organized and excellent record-keeping abilities
- Ability to often move and lift at least 50 pounds
- Computer savvy. Ability with Microsoft Office Suite preferred (strong Excel skill highly beneficial)
- Candidates must be able to successfully pass a background check including criminal history
This list is representative of those duties and responsibilities that are required of this position. However, the list is not to be considered as all inclusive. A supervisor may assign other duties to complete the mission.
Maverick Corporation's culture is described as:
- Aggressive competitive and growth-oriented
- Outcome-oriented results-focused with strong performance culture