|Date Posted||August 4, 2022|
Job ID: 598793BR
Date posted: Jun. 06, 2022
Locations: Sunnyvale, California
Program: Remote Sensing
COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families and communities. With employee health and safety as our top priority, and as a federal contractor, Lockheed Martin is taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID-19 variants pose in the workplace and ensuring we meet our commitments to national security.
To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new hires. All current and newly hired employees are required to follow onsite safety measures based upon the COVID-19 Community Level at the specific work location.
Description:The coolest jobs on this planet... or any other... are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing people are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our outstanding skills and experiences to create, craft and build solutions to some of the worlds' hardest engineering problems. Our culture supports employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, encouragement and focus and if you have the passion, we want to build a better tomorrow with you!
Come join Lockheed Martin's Special Programs (SP) Remote Sensing (RS) Engineering Team. This diverse team has been a primary provider of national Remote Sensing capabilities for over 50+ years. As part of our team you will get to build products that elevate the mission and be are a trusted partner for critical national capabilities. One Day the world may hear the full story of your achievements. They may discover the critical role you've played to defeat the enemies of freedom. As we enjoy the freedoms of democracy, we honor the unsung heroes, the women and men working quietly to keep the light of liberty shining. Come see what SP-RS is all about. If so, join us as a part of a cutting edge analysis team for missiles and spacecraft systems!
Your responsibilities may include some of the following:
- Performing electrical/mechanical engineering design tasks relating to wire harness/cable design and interconnecting of electronic equipment
- Detailed component performance spec (PS) and Interface Control Drawing (ICD) interpretation, including assembly manufacturing drawings, parts lists, cable design, and engineering change support
- Support program planning from a cost, technical, and schedule perspective, conceptual design, trade studies, drawing generation and documentation release, and testing requirements
- Interface with other disciplines, such as Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering and Quality to ensure program requirements are being met
- Provide support to both in-house and outside cable manufacturing, fabrication and integration
- Available to work off shifts, weekends, and/or holidays, if required to maintain schedules
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin cultivates an inclusive work environment that inspires differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
- Paid time off
- Work/life balance
- Career development
- Mentorship opportunities
- Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin's comprehensive benefits package.
• Experience with wire harness design using Creo or equivalent
• Training or experience in Zuken E3 Series Schematic and Cable Design, or equivalent
• Fundamental understanding of electrical/mechanical design engineering, including wire harness/cable design and electronic equipment interfacing
• Experience in flight harness/cable design, manufacturing, installation, and/or testing
• Demonstrated ability to multitask complex technical issues
• Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work in a collaborative and team-based environment
• Demonstrated ability to work within multidisciplinary product development teams
• Ability to analyze and interpret wiring and system functioning schematics
• Experience with form boards, shop-aids, or equivalent
• Knowledge of wire harness manufacturing processes, specifications, and documentation
• Experience meeting program objectives and schedules
• Production and/or integration floor experience
• Ability to obtain a Top Secret Clearance; US citizenship required
• Experience with engineering data configuration management (i.e.: development, release and configuration control of mechanical drawings and engineering change process)
• Experience with manufacturing non-conformances (i.e.: Qnotes - Dispositions, Corrective Action, and Failure Analysis)
• Experience working with ATLO (AI&T)
• Experience working with suppliers
• Experience leading teams and working cross-functionally
• Data Set Rating 4 and/or 6 experience
• Familiarity with Lockheed Martin specifications/tools/procedures
• Experience with Lockheed Martin Special Programs
• Active TS or TS/SCI Clearance
Security Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.
Clearance Level: Top Secret
Other Important Information You Should Know
Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.
Ability to Work Remotely: Onsite Full-time: The work associated with this position will be performed onsite at a designated Lockheed Martin facility.
Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.
Schedule for this Position: 9x80 every other Friday off
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: SPACE
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Mechanical Engineering