|Date Posted||August 4, 2022|
Mining / Oil / Gas
H-E-B is one of the largest, independently owned food retailers in the nation operating over 400 stores throughout Texas and Mexico, with annual sales generating over $25 billion. Described by industry experts as a daring innovator and smart competitor, H-E-B has led the way with creative new concepts, outstanding service and a commitment to diversity in our workforce, workplace and marketplace. H-E-B offers a wealth of career opportunities to our 110,000+ Partners (employees), competitive compensation and benefits program and comprehensive training that lead to successful careers.
Do you enjoy chatting with different Customers every day? H-E-B needs energetic and motivated Partners willing to work hard and have fun while making our Customers feel welcome. No matter what background you bring, or where you are in your career, we welcome you to join our community where People come first.
As an H-E-B Gas Station Attendant, you'll ensure gas dispensers are operating, and collect money for purchased products, while providing superior customer service.
Once you're eligible, you'll become an Owner in the company, so we're looking for commitment, hard work, and focus on quality and Customer service. 'Partner-owned' means our most important resources--People-drive the innovation, growth, and success that make H-E-B The Greatest Omnichannel Retailing Company.
Do you have a:
HEART FOR PEOPLE... strong customer service skills?
HEAD FOR BUSINESS... ability to think quickly to problem-solve?
PASSION FOR RESULTS... initiative to work with no supervision?
We are looking for:
- an ability to work in a fast-paced environment while keeping focused on Customers
- math skills
What is the work?
Customer Service / Cash Handling:
- Provides superior customer service
- Observes flow of vehicles as they're being filled with gasoline
- May occasionally assist customers with dispensing gasoline
- Collects cash, check, or charge payment from customers; makes change for cash transactions; keeps an accurate till
- Accurately records purchases in register
- Maintains sanitation of kiosk, dispensers, islands, and all station-related equipment
- Maintains station logs as required
- Complies with H-E-B safety and sanitation standards, and department and Store SOPs
What is your background?
- Completion of Safety training and Company Orientation (upon hire)
- Completion of Fuel Interface POS Certification (classroom / on-site training) (upon hire)
- Completion of ACR Checker certification, AST certification, and Fire Extinguisher certification (upon hire)
Do you have what it takes to be a fit as an H-E-B Gas Station Attendant?
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Math skills
- Ability to work independently / without supervision
- Function in a fast-paced, retail environment, in detailed and precise tasks
- Work with Customers, staying attentive to their needs
- Constantly reach at waist, pivot, grasp
- Frequently stand, walk, pinch, perform fine motor movements, and be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and outside weather conditions
- Occasionally sit, reach at overhead, shoulder, knee, floor; bend, stoop, squat, crouch, kneel, crawl, climb stairs / ladders, twist, push / pull with arms; be exposed to cold, wet, and loud noise
- Demonstrate the ability to lift up to 60 lbs and manage more than 60 lbs
While there may be exceptions, the measurements noted are generally defined as--Constantly: 5.5+ hours per 8-hour day; Frequently: 2.5 - 5.5 hours per 8-hour day; Occasionally: 0 - 2.5 hours per 8-hour day
It is Partners' responsibility to never lift beyond their own safe lifting limit. If an item is too heavy to lift, push or pull, and / or carry, the Partner must break the box down into lighter, smaller, more manageable components, or ask for assistance from another Partner or a manager.