|Location||Kansas City, Missouri|
|Date Posted||June 23, 2022|
Join the industry leader to design the next generation of breakthroughs
Innovate to solve the world's most important challenges
Honeywell is a Fortune 100 company that invents and manufactures technologies to address critical challenges linked to global macrotrends such as safety, security, productivity, global urbanization and energy. With approximately 129,000 employees worldwide, including more than 19,000 engineers and scientists, Honeywell has an unrelenting focus on quality, delivery, value, and technology in everything they make and do. Honeywell has been named a Top 100 Global Innovator for seven years in a row, recognizing the company's global reach of portfolio and invention influence.
In Kansas City, Honeywell Federal Manufacturing & Technologies (FM&T) manages and operates the U.S. Department of Energy/National Nuclear Security Administration's (NNSA) Kansas City National Security Campus. This state-of-the-art engineering, manufacturing and sourcing facility produces a wide array of intricate components to deliver trusted national security products and government services primarily for the NNSA. Honeywell FM&T's culture of integrity, commitment and continuous improvement enables them to deliver responsive, collaborative and innovative management and technology services and products that translate into cutting edge solutions to complex national security issues.
* This position will be located in Kansas City, MO*
* Performs Welding Engineering duties to support daily welding operations
* Applies technical engineering skillset to analyze process efficiency, troubleshoot defects, perform quality control functions, and drive cost savings
* Evaluates, applies and develops complex welding specifications in cooperation with the customer
* Develops robust and repeatable joining procedures for high precision components using Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (GTAW), Electron Beam Welding (EBW) , Laser Beam Welding (LBW), Resistance Welding, and Vacuum Furnace Brazing
* Presents technical reports and communicates technical directly to customer subject matter experts
* Writes weld qualification reports, weld procedure specifications, and work instructions
YOU MUST HAVE
* US citizenship required in order to obtain and maintain US Department of Energy ""Q"" level security clearance
* 2 years of applied experience in engineering or technical activities
* Bachelor of Science Degree from an ABET accredited Engineering program or Bachelor of Science Degree in Physics from an accredited program
* Master's Degree or PhD in Welding, Metallurgical or Materials Engineering from an ABET accredited program/university; Bachelor of Science degree in Welding, Metallurgical, Materials Science, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering from an ABET accredited program.
* Experience performing welding engineering or similar metal product processing
* Research and development experience in welding processes and/or welding metallurgy
* Technical understanding of stainless-steel welding metallurgy
* Experience using and developing weld procedures for EBW, LBW, GTAW, Resistance Welding, and/or Furnace Processes
* Strong desire to drive advancements in welding technology and processes
* Ability to quickly adapt to new processes and materials
* Demonstrated ability to create and edit complex engineering and process equipment software
* JOB ID: req347864
* Category: Engineering
* Location: 14520 Botts Road,Kansas City,Missouri,64147,United States
* Must have or be eligible for a security clearance due to contractual requirements.
Honeywell FM&T Overview
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.