|Date Posted||April 8, 2021|
Leading the future of luxury mobility
Lucid's mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
We are currently seeking a skilled Validation Engineer responsible for validation of parking functions of the ADAS / Autonomous Driving team. This position requires an experienced professional with a track record of successfully bringing new automotive (ADAS) systems into production.
Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection.
- Be responsible for test validation of hardware/software components related to ADAS/AD parking functions such as Parking Assist, Automated Parking and Remote Controlled Parking
- Contribute to system architecture and the related validation tests on component.
- Be the Component Owner(USS, Parking Controller, Surround View Camera) for the Parking Functions, lead the component requirement development.
- Execute Bench test and support Mechanical / Electrical design release.
- Be responsible to create CANoe environments, simulate sensors, and create test cases using CAPL scripting tool.
- Be responsible for test diagnostics and UDS protocol and fault test.
- Facilitate and align related cross-functional technical teams such as HMI, functional safety, powertrain, infotainment, cybersecurity, homologation, and ADAS/AD development teams on the system level
- Work closely with Tier 1 suppliers
- Explore simulation, HIL, SIL to optimize (sub-)system test and validation strategies in terms of efficiency, cost and final product quality
- Leverage state-of-the-art processes and tools for architecture, requirements, test plans and results and ALM to work in a highly interactive, collaborative environment
- Support Vehicle level validation for Parking Assist feature
- Investigates root causes of component or system level DUT failure.
- A proven track record of working with hardware/software systems related to ADAS or AD automotive features for mass production.
- Experience debugging, testing and bringing up complex hardware/software systems
- Experience developing and executing validation test plans
- Experience with automotive tests and measurement systems (HIL, CAN, etc.)
- Capability and creativity to successfully complete projects with unconventional ideas in highly constrained, innovative startup environments
- Several years working experience at automotive Tier 1/2 suppliers or OEMs, with an understanding of automotive processes and workflows
- Programming skills related to integration, testing and automation (e.g. C++)
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Previous experience with ADAS Parking Assist systems at a Tier 1 or OEM
- Experience as Feature Owner for Parking features.
- Experience with Vector tools: CANoe, CANape and CAPL.
- Experience with test automation.
- Experience with Diagnostics and UDS protocol.
- Experience with HIL, SIL simulation.
- Broad experience with various ADAS/AD systems, including mechanical, electrical and software components.
- Experience in C++ software development
- Proficiency with agile development tools and environments (Jira, Jama, …)
- Proficiency with Lab equipment tools.
- Familiarity with automotive regulations and functional safety standards (ASPICE, ISO 26262)
- BS minimum in System Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or similar
- 3 years of engineering experience in the automotive industry
Be part of something amazing
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we're providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don't just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.