|Location||Castle Rock, Colorado|
|Date Posted||June 22, 2022|
Great Southwestern Construction, Inc., is looking for a qualified General Foreman to lead Electrical Transmission crews on projects throughout a multi-state region. Travel is required.
At Great Southwestern Construction, Inc., we utilize our well-established, longstanding reputation to create enduring relationships. We have built this reputation by meeting the needs of our clients and team members in a safe and innovative work atmosphere. Our leadership team is second to none in providing support and opportunities for growth with over half of our senior management team having been promoted within the company. We believe in creating a balanced work - life environment built on our culture and values which include safety, integrity, respect, and initiative. With industry leading benefits and compensation, we showcase the true value of our craft workers and truly put our People First. Are you ready to grow?
Learn more about our history at:
- Provide direct supervision and technical guidance of crews performing maintenance and construction activities on all electrical transmission projects.
- Responsible for coordinating essential personnel on-site for the project to include crew mobilization
- Communicate and enforce all safety regulations
- Manage supplies, materials, and equipment
- Assist with planning, directing and budget activities concerned with the project
- Read and interpret site plans, construction drawings, and scopes of work
- Communicate directly with Superintendents, Construction Managers, Project Managers, Field Crews, and other project personnel as required
- Understand and follow detailed construction schedules
- Other duties as assigned
- Understand and comply with the Company's Code of Business Conduct and Ethics and other industry-specific professional and ethical conduct standards, if applicable
- Essential functions of this position will be performed at a designated company office or field location.
- Documentation of completion of a journeyman lineman program or certificate is required (DOL preferred but not required).
- Prior experience as a Foreman, General Foreman, or Superintendent in electrical construction or a related industry is required.
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Ability to read and interpret construction drawings, blueprints, and scopes of work
- Must be able to coordinate and collaborate with multiple personnel from the field to the office
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home
- Experience with digger derricks, boom trucks, bucket trucks, wire pulling equipment, and groundwork with utility crews is preferred
- Must be able to communicate effectively, have good teamwork skills and able to understand, comprehend, and follow directions in the workplace
- Must have a quality work ethic and be committed to optimum customer service
- Must be able to work additional hours
- A high awareness of safety and compliance with company safety rules is required at all times
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive hourly pay commensurate with experience with weekly pay via direct deposit ($41-$49 per hour). Posted pay ranges are made in good faith. MYR Group reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
- Medical, Basic Vision, Regenexx, Teledoc, Hearing (Low deductibles and out-of-pocket maximums) - $15 weekly premium for employee or employee plus family coverage.
- Dental - 100% employer-paid premium.
- ThrivePass Health & Wellness Reimbursement Program - $250 quarterly, $1,000 annually for health and wellbeing-related purchases.
- Annual Paid Time Off starting at 15 days plus 10 paid Holidays (Cultural Celebration Day is a floating holiday).
- Generous 401(k) Plan with 100% match up to 6%; immediate vesting, and Annual profit-sharing potential.
- Superior educational assistance program (support for educational costs, internal training, and more!).
- Company-paid parental leave program including birth and adoption.
- Company-paid short and long-term disability, life, and accidental death & dismemberment.
- Company-paid business travel accident insurance.
- Employee Assistance Plan (EAP).
- Various voluntary plans available including supplemental vision, accident and critical illness, ID theft, group legal, group auto & home, and additional voluntary life insurance plans for employees and dependents.
Position may be subject to pre-employment screening, which may include background check and drug testing. Accessibility: If you need an accommodation as part of the employment process, contact our Employment Hotline at 1-.
Great Southwestern Construction, Inc., a MYR Group Inc. Company, is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We promote diversity of thought, culture, and background, which connects our family of brands. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals and in which personnel processes are merit-based and applied without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, or other protected characteristics. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.