|Date Posted||August 4, 2022|
At Lucid, we don t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
Notice regarding COVID-19 protocols At Lucid, we prioritize the health and wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else. In response to the novel Coronavirus all new Lucid employees, whose job will be based in the United States may or may not be required to provide original documentation confirming status as having received the prescribed inoculation (doses). Vaccination requirements are dependent upon location and position, please refer to the job description for more details. Individuals in positions requiring vaccinations may seek a medical and/or religious exemption from this requirement and may be granted such an accommodation after submitting a formal request to and the subsequent review and approval thereof by our dedicated Covid-19 Response team. To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility. We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design - where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience. Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
Lucid's mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. We constantly seek talented, motivated individuals possessing a proven track record of excellence to join our team. Become part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive and mobility industry.
Due to significant growth, we are currently seeking a Tooling Engineer for the Supplier Quality (BIW) Team. Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
Our Supplier Quality team enables the industrialization of innovative products in an extremely aggressive timeline. In this highly visible role, the Tooling Engineer manages technical and financial aspects for a group of parts and is the key internal interface with Engineering, Finance, Logistics, Quality and Manufacturing to deliver world-class products on time and cost-effectively. This specifically includes the Feasibility, DFM, Construction, Tryout & Home line. He or she will help establish our global supply chain strategy, support cross-functional teams during the development and industrialization phases and drive sound business decisions throughout the product life cycle.
You must be able to guide upfront design development of BIW Tooling as well as roll up your sleeves with suppliers to create new manufacturing methods and control strategies to achieve ambitious specifications and ensure a flawless execution during launch.
- Have cradle to grave tooling engineering responsibility for Aluminum Class A, BIW and Closures (design and build of stamping dies)
- Project coordination, champions and supports Lucid Engineering / Manufacturing Group s specific needs and requirements regarding the DFM, Cost, Quality & Schedule.
- Approve stamping die designs and manages suppliers performance to build schedule
- Take ownership of the technical management of the products. Address Lucid technical questions and follow up to ensure all action items are completed.
- Facilitate PCR process interaction between Supplier and Lucid Engineering teams.
- Manage internal Lucid Customers, assesses needs regarding priorities, deadlines, and quantities, driving suppliers for on time deliverables.
- Track and manage Press Line Trial for new dies and Engineering Changes.
- Feedback die issues to design standard
- Die modification strategy and schedule for design change implementation
- Plan and manage outsource stampings
- Cost control (after die arrival, cost plan vs. actual)
- SPM / Quality- UP Projects
- Familiar with GD&T concepts
- Schedules and monitors all NPI activities, from design kick-off, tooling, and engineering builds through mass production.
- Maintain documentation of internal or external communication, processing data, and other pertinent product information.
- Quotation: sample costs, fixture costs, tooling costs, test costs, etc., during NPI engineering, builds.
- Track cost approval, PO, invoice to payment, including initial budget, ECO and cost modifications.
- Assists development with new process or materials as requested.
- Have ability to travel 25-75% on average on a short term or long term basis to Lucid Motors and supplier sites globally on a short notice
- BS degree, Mechanical Engineering major however Tool & Die Apprenticeship with experience is preferred.
- 3+ years of Program Management or Tool Engineering experience in a high-volume manufacturing environment or more.
- Tandem, progressive, blanking, and transfer stamping.
- Aluminum Class A, BIW and Closures experience with focus on the design and build of stamping dies.
- Experience with overseas Asian tool suppliers preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership and teamwork skills.
- Working knowledge of current manufacturing techniques - tooling, metal stamping, assembly and testing.
- Working knowledge of production and quality control procedures used in a manufacturing environment.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Effective skill in establishing and maintaining working relationships with a wide range of individuals from varying economic, social, and educational backgrounds in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong mechanical, time management and analysis skills
- Knowledge of material properties, mechanics of materials and how these materials react when subjected to varying stamping conditions.
- Must be capable of working with peers, subordinates, supervisors, and management on a multidisciplinary team.
- Ability to remain current with state of the art technologies and practices related to the metal stamping process as well as develop innovative solutions when necessary.
- Able to use MS Office- Excel, Project, Word,
- Proficiency in Cad software - CATIA and Autoform or comparable