|Date Posted||November 25, 2021|
Mining / Oil / Gas
The field engineer is responsible for providing product and application expertise to the market, supporting our field sales activities. Advise customers about the best selection of solutions available in Mersen product portfolio. Maintain high level of market knowledge. Keep close communication with engineering groups helping them to learn the best features of Mersen products. Validate new product introduction in the renewables market.
* Travel to site or engineering offices to conduct uptower inspections, network with key engineers and present key data to main stakeholders
* Technical data collection and initial analysis of customer processes in support of business initiatives
* Perform products troubleshoot activities in the field when needed.
* Travel requirements within the United States & Canada, including trade shows and other business events.
* Work with territory managers and field technicians to drive products specifications and help to advance sales processes through regular meetings with customers.
* Collaborate with OEMs and end users to resolve their doubts on the Mersen products and collaborate to push for the best solutions to be installed on their machines
* Develop strong relationship with customer's engineering teams.
* Collaborates with marketing, sales, customer service and R&D teams to develop and deploy new products/ solutions launch packages and tools.
* Present data to R&D team to help understand products behavior and design future solutions
* Create post installation/inspections reports and send these to customers. Present report results to customer when needed.
* Hands-on work with customer solutions, products; interpret drawings, specifications, or schematics
* Continually seek and develop new business, add-on business, prospects through networking, cold calling, and other prospecting methods
* Track, follow-up and monitor all projects in a timely manner using CRM
* Respond to requests for product identification, new products/solutions as per market demands.
* Help to introduce new products/solutions in the renewables market.
* Create and update slide decks and other documents created to promote products in the market
* Abide by all site-specific safety protocol while working around high-voltage electrical equipment.
* Communicate and participate in weekly wind team meetings to provide weekly updates on ongoing projects
* Always represent the company professionally in different events such as: trade shows, business meeting, etc.
* All other technical-related or management assigned duties pertaining to the business operations
* Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering is preferred.
* 3+ years' engineering experience; motor/generator and wind/hydroelectric industry experience a plus.
* Technical knowledge of rotating electrical equipment
* Highly organized with attention to detail.
* Available for up to 50% travel to service customer base.
* Computer savvy; Microsoft Office Suite and CRM-Salesforce; and JDE a plus
* Safety is your #1 priority. Must abide by all applicable safety training, practices, and procedures
* Ability to work independently and self-motivate; manage time, logistics and customer demands
* Excellent communication skills and a strong command of the English language
* Possess and maintain valid driver's license
* Dynamic personality, tactful, diplomatic and customer focused with a strong sense of urgency
* Team player with interpersonal and reporting skills
Bonus and company vehicle.