|Date Posted||June 10, 2021|
Mining / Oil / Gas
At Hydraquip, we hire people with technical aptitude who are interested in customer facing work to start in inside sales to learn about our products, customer applications and become fluid power certified. Our goal is to promote to outside sales within 2-3 years where you will manage your own territory of accounts and play a hands-on role in helping customers design their fluid power systems, design HPUs, determine automation solutions and be the fluid power expert at their company.
Hydraquip is looking for a candidate who wants to take the next step in their technical career to join our 100% employee owned company. Hydraquip is a fluid power distributor for over 40 world class brands of products as well as a provider of value added solutions to customers including pump/motor assemblies, mobile valve assemblies, hose kits, repair, hydraulic power units and electrohydraulic solutions. With offices in Houston, San Antonio, Dallas, Tulsa, Denver and Lafayette, Hydraquip has a broad footprint with many opportunities for growth within the company.
The Technical Inside Sales Representative is an important role for managing some of Hydraquip's largest accounts in cooperation with outside sales representatives, purchasing and warehouse personnel. This position has responsibilities for order entry, communications with purchasing/engineering/management at assigned customers, general customer service via phone & email and general support for order and delivery management.
Specific responsibilities may include:
- Manage communication with customers via phone & email.
- Promote and sell products & value-added solutions to new customers via incoming calls, inquiries via email.
- Learn about products and vendors to develop a high level of fluid power and application knowledge.
- Communicate with internal and vendor contacts to understand and respond to delivery needs.
- Manage large customers' questions, orders and deliveries in partnership with outside sales.
- Learn effective ways to cross sell and upsell current customers.
- Uncover opportunities for outside sales, from potential new customers and current customers.
- Support and participate in the organization's continual improvement program to conform to ISO 9001:2015 requirements by complying with the Quality Policy and procedures and meeting QMS objectives.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Industrial Distribution, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering preferred.
- Certified Fluid Power Hydraulic Specialist preferred.
- Other technical certifications or degrees may be considered.
- Experience as described below may be accepted in lieu of education.
- Up to two (2) years of experience in sales, customer service, or technical fields.
- Previous experience in hydraulic, electrical, mechanical, or automotive repair strongly preferred.
- Education as described above may be accepted in lieu of experience.
- Experience working in an ISO 9001 environment a plus.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Laser customer focus to add value to customers, exceed expectations and deliver promised results to clients.
- Act with integrity to make decisions in the best interest of the company, taking time to consider the "right thing to do" and treating coworkers others with respect.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and deadlines.
- Strong communication skills with internal and external stakeholders.
- Technical aptitude to learn about fluid power/electrical applications and products.
- Selling skills, including ability to uncover opportunities, determine ways to provide value to customers and overcome obstacles to upsell/cross sell/win new business.
- Detail oriented to manage customer projects, deadlines and shipments.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, and 401(k) plans with company match. A unique benefit Hydraquip offers as part of Employee Owned Holdings, Inc. is an employee stock ownership plan.
What is an ESOP?
ESOP is a special retirement program that allows employees to own stock in the company. When you join EOHI, you automatically begin investing in your future (without having to purchase shares). We are a high growth company committed to training our employee owners to develop their skills and advance in their careers.
- Studies also show that retirement account balances for ESOP companies are 2.5 times higher.
- ESOP companies grow 2.5 times faster than those companies without employee ownership.
- Research shows employee owned companies are superior in performance, employee benefits and employee morale because everyone is working towards a common goal.