|Date Posted||June 22, 2022|
Want to work for a top structural engineering firm, but still retain that small company feel with a family atmosphere? As a mid-size, but growing, consulting engineering and professional services firm, this is a great place to grow your career!
If you a Senior Structural Engineer that has experience with commercial buildings, we want to hear from you. If you happen to have experience with warehouses and cold storage- that's a bonus.
- Stable and growing company with a strong culture promoting work/life balance
- Generous salary and benefits package coupled with the opportunity to lead a team
- Opportunity for professional growth and advancement into Team Leadership
The Senior Structural Engineer should be capable of leading a team to complete both small and large projects. Excellent written and verbal communication skills with internal and external clients is preferred. Candidate should be well organized, be able to demonstrate critical thinking, be able to work independently or part of a collaborative team and quickly recognize issues and be part of the solution.
- Complete Structural designs for multiple types of projects (including distribution and light industrial) of varying in size and delivery method
- Make design recommendations and design decisions with little input
- Plan the design work, calculate costs and time schedules, and assign design duties to junior staff working on projects
- Coordinate the design and schedule with other disciplines such as architectural, mechanical, electrical, etc.
- Maintain accurate, clear and concise project documentation and design data for permanent project files
- Act as a mentor and review work prepared by junior project team members
- Attend project meetings, and when appropriate, delegates activities
- Occasionally meet with clients, prepares proposals and presentations while maintaining good client relations
- Participate in project checking for quality control on assigned projects
- Oversee design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of technical plans and drawings
- Represent the firm and act as a liaison with project stakeholders
What You Will Need:
- Professional Engineer License
- 6-20 years of demonstrated experience with building structural engineering systems
- Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in Structural Engineering or Architectural Engineering plus eight (8) years of related experience
- Experience with a variety of building materials and project types
- Previous project experience with warehouse and distribution design is a plus