|Date Posted||May 7, 2021|
Trades & Services
At Aqua, a subsidiary of Essential Utilities, Inc., we know that water is a precious resource - one that plays a critical role in sustaining life. That's why we take seriously our mission: protecting and providing Earth's most essential resource. At Aqua, we are guided by a set of principles that embody the character of our company and inspire our work together. They are embedded within our business practices and our behavior. We are proud to be united by integrity, respect and the pursuit of excellence to be the best we can be for the customers and communities we serve.
Together, the women and men of Aqua, a subsidiary of Essential Utilities, Inc. serve 1 million customers across eight states. Aqua uses science, technology, capital investments, and amazing talent to provide communities with clean, safe drinking water and responsibly return wastewater to our rivers and streams. Join our team and make a difference!
Are you looking for a fantastic career at Aqua? We have an exciting opportunity for a Tax Accountant to join our team. The Tax Accountant III compiles and analyzes data for the preparation of tax payments, tax provision support, and various tax returns. This role assists in the preparation of tax provision calculations under ASC 740 and the filing of the company's various tax returns. This role requires accuracy and training in the practical, administrative and legal elements of tax.
- Assists in the preparation and filing of the Federal and State income tax returns, and tax provisions including the preparation and maintenance of accurate workpaper support for all tax adjustments.
- Develops and maintains tax data collection systems. Collaborates with plant accountants to analyze various plant adjustments including CIAC/CAC and tangible property regulations to support tax provisions and compliance filings.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of tax basis balance sheets for multiple regulated companies.
- Calculates required amount for all periodic tax deposits. Assures payment amounts are sufficient to avoid penalties and comply with all filing deadlines, and adequately consider the financial position and operations of the company.
- Stays current on proposed and enacted tax legislation and propose tax strategies to Tax Manager. Able to research the basis for any tax position taken.
- Assist internal customers by providing support for rate cases, capital planning and budgeting, forecasting and tax research/analysis.
- Responsible for one or more key internal controls in support of the Company's financial reporting process, the proper functionality of which play an important role in determining whether the Company's overall internal controls are functioning effectively.
- Performs other duties as required including account reconciliations and communications with auditors.
- BS/BA Degree required
- MST or CPA preferred
- 4 years of related experience in industry
- 2-3 years at Big 4 considered
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Experience analyzing, reporting and summarizing data
- Possesses a strong knowledge of tax law and statutory regulations
- Regulatory accounting knowledge
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficiency in PowerPlan Tax Software Suite preferred
- OneSource experience a plus
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact on cross functional teams.
- Demonstrated ability to research and summarize issues and communicate impact to company
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Perform sedentary work- exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time
Aqua, a subsidiary of Essential Utilities, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Equal employment opportunity is provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to the following legally protected characteristics: race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions, including medical conditions related to lactation), physical or mental disability, covered-veteran status, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state or federal law.
Aqua, a subsidiary of Essential Utilities, Inc. is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you have a condition that may prevent you from applying for a job online or need to request an accommodation during the interview process, please call (1-).