|Date Posted||June 11, 2021|
Why join us?
We are Hiring! Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Orlando, FL Surveying and Geodesy Group as a Survey Technician. Under supervision, applies technical professional proficiency to Geomatics work. Establishes and implements field project plans. Performs all aspects of Geomatics including field surveys, raw data reduction, field calculations, CAD drafting, GIS data collection, research, and error analysis. Directs and mentors' junior professionals.
Atkins is one of the world's most respected design, engineering, and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years.
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Establishes and implements field project plans. This includes on-site direction and guidance of junior professionals on specific projects and/or multiple projects in the vicinity, and management of the field portion of a budget.
- Quickly and efficiently determines best course of action for assigned Geomatics field work or project, establishing a plan of attack and the project specific system for the Geomatics services to be performed, and properly identifying the specific survey equipment to be utilized. This may include GPS, Data Collectors, Robotic Total Stations, Scanners, Laptop Computers, Wireless communication devices, etc.
- Quickly and accurately performs field portion of task using available equipment and personnel. This may include construction staking, asbuilts, topographic, hydrographic, utility, property, etc.
- Reduces and analyzes relevant raw data on site using applicable software such as a least squares based program.
- Utilizes CAD software to prepare or adjust maps and drawings on site when applicable.
- Makes on site calculations when applicable using applicable COGO packages in the data collector software or laptop.
- Performs any other necessary and/or applicable research while in project vicinity.
- Utilizes GIS software to collect data, attribute features, and produce maps while on site.
- Performs such other duties as the Supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
What will you contribute?
- Bachelor's degree in Geomatics, Engineering, Land Surveying or related discipline, plus two years post-bachelor's professional experience as a Geomaticist. Must be proficient with survey calculations, CAD, and GIS
- One year experience as a rod person or instrument operator required.
- Math/trigonometry computation ability; knowledge of CAD software; knowledge of ArcGIS; good communications skills (verbal and written, including technical writing); analytical ability; proactive attitude; ability to innovate and improvise.
- Ability to make logical on the fly decisions based on a Geomatics background.
- Ability to speak another language in addition to English is strongly preferred.
- Ability to operate as a one person field unit.
- Ability to operate field equipment, calculator, computer, CAD based software, and GIS based software. Ability to interpret legal descriptions and field notes.
- Ability to effectively communicate findings, make recommendations, and work with people.
- Ability to compose clear and concise reports and legal descriptions.
What we offer at Atkins:
At Atkins, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work schedules
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Group Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities and a highly regarded tuition reimbursement program
If this sounds like you and you would like to expand your career with us, apply today!
Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please review Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who are not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.