|Date Posted||August 4, 2022|
At Lucid, we don t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
Notice regarding COVID-19 protocols At Lucid, we prioritize the health and wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else. In response to the novel Coronavirus all new Lucid employees, whose job will be based in the United States may or may not be required to provide original documentation confirming status as having received the prescribed inoculation (doses). Vaccination requirements are dependent upon location and position, please refer to the job description for more details. Individuals in positions requiring vaccinations may seek a medical and/or religious exemption from this requirement and may be granted such an accommodation after submitting a formal request to and the subsequent review and approval thereof by our dedicated Covid-19 Response team. To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility. We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design - where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience. Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
Supplier Quality Engineer, PCB/PCBA Our Supplier Quality team enables the industrialization of innovative products in an extremely aggressive timeline. In this highly visible role, the Supplier Quality Engineer works together with Engineering, Manufacturing and our suppliers to develop ways to deliver challenging designs while at the same time not sacrificing manufacturing requirements for quality. You must be able to guide up front design development as well as roll up your sleeves with suppliers to create new manufacturing methods and control strategies to achieve ambitious specifications and ensure a flawless execution
- Guide Engineering development and Purchasing to select appropriate suppliers with the right qualifications to meet Lucid Motors s expectations and timeline.
- Lead design review and ensure manufacturing needs are considered in the design phase, making sure that proper quality expectations are defined. Work with suppliers on all design technical elements and create new manufacturing techniques if necessary to meet design requirements.
- Work with the design engineering team to define and validate, PCB layer structures, appropriate scripting, design rule check, etc.
- Manage PCB/PCBA suppliers DFM review and take proactive methods to minimize any potential risks in the manufacturing.
- Interact with design engineering team and suppliers to define and develop PCB/PCBA testing plan.
- Develop, manage, and improve the APQP (advanced product quality planning) process with suppliers from the initial design stage through PPAP submission and start of mass production.
- Manage supplier performance. Perform supplier audits and site inspections. Develop process improvement plans and drive implementation. Monitor and maintain performance metrics.
- Investigate supplier quality issues to determine root cause, identify and implement corrective actions, drive long-term preventative actions.
- Support system assembly build. Define incoming parts inspections procedure as needed. Track build issues and drive suppliers for containment actions and long-term actions.
- Responsible for coordinating all activities between the DRE, GSM, and CM including delivering design documents, creating build schedules, and monitoring progress
- Responsible for Driving and Tracking all internal ECRs and CM-PCN activities
- Be able to work independently and make decisions in the best interest of Lucid and its business
- Review failure analysis reports to identify supplier weak points and suggest new corrective action
- Work with CM to improve yield
- Travel 25% on average, occasionally on short notice.
- BS in Engineering, MS preferred
- High-volume manufacturing background required.
- Ability to read and interpret schematics and drawings and in-depth knowledge of quality standards and specifications.
- 2+ years of assembly plant experience supporting PCB/PCBA in a Supplier Quality, Quality Engineering, or Manufacturing Engineering role.
- 3+ years of experience in SMT manufacturing process. Understand SMT, DFM, and Testing - ICT, Flying Probe, FCT, etc.
- Excellent analytical abilities, technical writing ability, and comprehensive understanding of quality toolbox (TS 16949, SPC, DOE, GD&T, etc.)
- Certification preferred - American Society for Quality, Six Sigma Black Belt, etc.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Hands-on and data-driven.
- Be able to adapt to the dynamic working environment.
- Creative mindset in problem-solving.
- Strong skill computer tools MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Minitab etc..