|Location||Somerset, New Jersey|
|Date Posted||September 21, 2022|
|Category|| Construction |
|Job Type|| Permanent |
Supervisor II - Building Maintenance/Engineering
Labs North America or Non Clinical Safety Assessment Services
FLSA Status (US Only):
Covance Incentive Plan
Date of Issue:
Date of Review:
June 1, 2011
The statements below reflect the general responsibilities and requirements of the identified position but may not describe all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Supervises building maintenance staff. Assists in the development and management of the departmental budget. Participate in internal audits and external audits. Develops, implements, and maintains departmental and company P&Ps. Provides monthly reporting on budgets, productivity statistics, and departmental measurements. Creates, provides and implements training plans and career paths for staff; training to include internal and external formal training. Manages preventative maintenance and corrective maintenance programs for building maintenance staff. Organizes, assigns and supervises execution of work in areas building maintenance and other key facility functions. Organizes and oversees comprehensive waste and recycling programs as required in the facilities. Develop and implement initiatives for improving maintenance deficiencies. Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with other departments and support functions. Coordinates support from outside vendors for facility support functions. Monitor the work environment to assure the working conditions are and remain safe and meet all relevant safety requirements. Organize and supervise execution of external contracted services for related contracts. Assists and advises less experienced staff on skills improvement. Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Greenfield special factors:
- Provide building engineering support for Tox and QCL.
- Lead change control and event management activities in regulated buildings.
- Develop CER's for Tox and QCL facilities and influence equipment CER's.
- System custodian for regulatory systems.
- All internal departments.
- External clients.
Travel Requirements: Yes
Travel will be approximately 1-10%
Language Skills Required:
- Speaking: English
- Writing/Reading: English
- BS degree. Experience may be substituted for education.
- College or trade school courses in maintenance, sciences, supervision/management or skilled trades.
- 5 years of related experience and/or 1-3 years of supervisory experience.
- Familiarity with federal, state and community regulations regarding recycling waste materials.
- Intermediate/advanced computer skills (e.g.; MS Office).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent working knowledge of CMMS operations.
- Knowledgeable in Computer System Validation.
IV.Competencies: Required: 2X Leadership
- Confronts Constructively - Manager
- Builds Talented Teams - Manager
- Inspires Others - Manager
- Gets it Done - Manager
- Drives Growth - Manager
- Leads by Example - Manager
- Wins Customer Loyalty - Manager
- Mandatory immunizations and screening as required.
- Exposure to cleaning and laundry chemicals, solvents, additives and hazardous waste can be expected.
- Overtime and weekend work as required.
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our Privacy Statement .