|Date Posted||November 24, 2022|
Sirius Staffing are seeking multiple Entry to Senior Structural Engineers for a direct hire opportunity in Mobile, AL DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for design calculations and drawing development as assigned by
the Chief Department Engineer or a Department Engineer III.
- Responsible for checking calculations done by Engineers I.
- Complies with company's employee handbook general guidelines, company
- procedures and policies.
QUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE / EXPERIENCE: General: Three (3) to seven (7) years of shipyard design and construction experience or equivalent experience.
- Candidates with equivalent experience as a Cognizant Engineer over one or more systems may also be considered.
- Two (2) years' Engineering experience at this company USA will be considered in lieu of shipyard design and construction experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Understanding of scheduling and an ability to adhere to strict deadlines.
- Experienced in interacting with Production, multiple design teams from several companies, customer representatives and equipment manufacturers.
- Computer literate and familiar with AutoCAD and Microsoft Office products.
- Working knowledge of ship and propulsion systems
- Working knowledge of Maritime Regulatory Authorities (i.e. ABS, DNV, GL, NAVSEA, MIL, USCG, IMO, etc.)
- Experience in the construction of high-speed aluminum vessels
- Knowledge of modular construction methods
- Knowledge in design and construction of US Navy vessels
- Knowledge of shock design
- Knowledge of FEA methods
- Knowledge of composite shafting
- Successful completion of bachelor's degree in Engineering.
- Working knowledge of vessel structural design
Sirius Staffing is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to characteristics such as race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by law.