|Date Posted||August 4, 2022|
At Lucid, we don t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
Notice regarding COVID-19 protocols At Lucid, we prioritize the health and wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else. In response to the novel Coronavirus all new Lucid employees, whose job will be based in the United States may or may not be required to provide original documentation confirming status as having received the prescribed inoculation (doses). Vaccination requirements are dependent upon location and position, please refer to the job description for more details. Individuals in positions requiring vaccinations may seek a medical and/or religious exemption from this requirement and may be granted such an accommodation after submitting a formal request to and the subsequent review and approval thereof by our dedicated Covid-19 Response team. To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility. We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design - where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience. Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
We are currently seeking a Staff. Cost Engineer to support the Supply Chain Organization in all vehicle manufacturing commodities. The Cost Estimator will play a key role in providing product costs, process costs and cost driver analysis. This will ensure accurate, plausible should-be piece cost and tooling cost.
- Bring in depth technical knowledge and know-how of product processes and mechanics to drive should-be cost modelling.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Purchasing, Engineering, Finance and Operations to provide defendable cost estimating support for existing, changing and new parts throughout the complete vehicle.
- Identify and build Cost Driver Models to assist in design and purchasing activities.
- Develop robust Cost Models to determine should-be costs across all commodities and for both green and brown sights.
- Promote and Support Design-to-Cost activities in early product development cycles.
- Develop defendable models for ground-up estimating of production tools.
- Collect and maintain key cost driver data including raw materials, production labor, machine rates, process parameters, SG&A and Engineering.
- Curiosity. This is a position that will require build from scratch thinking in a fast-paced environment.
- BS/BA degree in Engineering, Supply Chain, or finance discipline.
- Minimum of 8 years experience in manufacturing costing of one or more of the following: Electronics, Casting, Stamping, Assembly, Tooling.
- Expertise in Excel based modeling that is understandable and defendable; building detailed benchmark and what-if models for piece cost, tooling and engineering.
- Strong written and verbal skills as well as organizational and program management capabilities
- Ability to deep-dive costs from both a top-down and bottom-up approach.
- Experience in the Automotive Industry is a plus.