|Date Posted||April 8, 2021|
Mining / Oil / Gas
Staff Accountant - Full Time
Imperial Group - Chicago, IL
About Imperial Group
Imperial Group is a family-owned holding company that owns and operates 16 industrial businesses primarily located in the Midwest. The group has recently modernized its office design, branding, and overall strategy, making it look and feel like a start-up; while its companies have the reputation and revenue of well-established businesses. Located in Chicago's historic but up-and-coming West Town neighborhood, our office is near popular restaurants and a block away from Goose Island Brewery's tap room/brewery.
At Imperial Group, you'll come to work every day knowing your skills are valued, your contributions are significant, and your opinions are heard. You'll never lack inspiration with your modern atmosphere, motivated team, and meaningful work. As our new Staff Accountant, you will be responsible for completing accounting functions for a few of our entities. Our companies are currently experiencing rapid growth, so your workload will keep you occupied, but not overwhelmed.
· Prepare accounting related journal entries
· Support accounts payable activities such as vendor management and bill entry
· Regularly maintain detailed bank reconciliations
· Assist in preparing month-end and year-end closes
· Develop and analyze accounting procedures; recommend changes
· Accomplish department and organization mission by completing tasks as needed
· Bachelor's degree
· Understands core accounting concepts
· Ability to multitask and work under time restraints
· Organized and detail-oriented
· Willingness to learn
Why Imperial Group?
· Comprehensive benefits
· Career development and significant growth potential
· Ideal office location with free parking
· Pet friendly office