|Date Posted||April 10, 2021|
The Staff Accountant is responsible for accounting matters that relate to expenses charged correctly to the general ledger. They will perform accounting functions such as reconciliations and higher level accounting. Gathering data, entering journal entries, and populating financial statements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, the employee must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and in a timely manner. The following duties are representative of the job but are not all inclusive and other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Review and charge jobs for insurance and bond cost
- Record bonus and profit sharing accurately for reporting
- Prepare Financial Statements accurately and timely for Controller
- Review and maintain Inter-company balances
- Maintain GL reconciliation for all balance sheet accounts
- Review and oversee reconciliation of all payroll liability accounts
- Reconcile PTO (vacation and sick) accrual
- Trade, labor, billing rate tables
- Update and make notes on variance analysis and report prep
- Oversee overhead allocation between companies
- Enter reoccurring GL entries
- Sales tax reporting
- Maintain assets and depreciation schedules for all Pence Companies
- Reconcile bank accounts
- Maintain accounting close check list and general journal entries
The following qualifications are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities needed to perform the job but are not all inclusive.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting is preferred with 2-3 years experience, or 5 years of relevant work experience in lieu of degree
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to follow written and verbal instruction
- Exercise independent judgement within defined parameters
- Can work independently and collaboratively in a team environment
- Excellent computer skills
Normally works in a typical office environment but may occasionally be required to visit job sites where work is done outside in a construction environment. May be exposed to weather, dirt/dust, loud noise, and may be required to wear personal protective equipment. Must be able to work for long periods of time in front of a computer. Required to lift 25lbs regularly and 50lbs occasionally. Regular attendance is required to perform the job satisfactorily.