|Date Posted||November 25, 2021|
At Jacobs, we're not just forming structures, we're helping our clients organize and grow by designing, engineering, and executing the construction of their state-of-the-art facilities that are changing our world. We push the limits of what's possible to make the world smarter, more connected and more sustainable. We are looking for a passionate and curious Structural Design Supervisor to provide leadership and support our Built Environment team.
As a Sr Construction Manager at our Client site in Redondo Beach, CA, you'll get to grow your skills and join our collaborative team providing our clients with award-winning planning, engineering, architectural design, construction, and design-build project delivery members designing state of the art structures.
The Sr. Construction Manager will be responsible for passionate overall project delivery from planning through completion in accordance with the Owner's program goals. The CM-as-Agent (CMa) role of the Sr. Construction Manager will focus on site-based team support to the client, project management systems and controls, construction surveillance and documentation, contractor performance measurement and reporting on the status of compliance in the areas of project cost, schedule, quality, and safety. This position will guide multiple projects/contracts simultaneously as part of a large construction and infrastructure upgrades program in a secured facility located in Southern California. The CMa will be a contributor to project scope and solicitation package development in addition to serving as a technical advisor during the source selection process. The Sr. Construction Manager will bring direction, facilitation, subject matter expertise, proficiency with issue resolution, and a relationship-oriented approach to help you succeed in this key position. The Sr. Construction Manager will participate in regular key meetings with contractors to ensure timely resolution of any items with significant impact to budget and schedule.
* Requires extensive knowledge of construction related processes, as well as a thorough knowledge of industry practices
* Daily and single point of contact for projects supporting.
* Work with contractors to review progress, address field issues, and monitor quality and safety.
* Manages submittal process and monitors compliance with contractual obligations such as Management Plan, Quality Control
* Review and advise on monthly contractor invoices and payment requests
* Maintain issue tracking system and follow up
* Assist Client in contract negotiations
* Assist Client and participate in design review and coordination meetings
* Assist Client with change order estimates
* Guide the day to day site-based task during construction
* Monitor Construction, coordinate site, and offsite issues
* Change Order Management
* RFI & Submittals: Process and review
* Oversee commission agent and assist in Project Closeout
* Assist Client to enforce Labor Standard Provisions
* Monitor performance to ensure client expectations met
* Attends all major meetings and presentations
* Aide in preparation of concept baselines (estimates, schedules, scopes) / Assist in schedule management
* Develop weekly/monthly reports, budgets, schedule updates, and issue tracking/action Items.
* Develop Scope for all potential contracts and deliver to the Contracting officers Technical Representative / Contracting officer
* Review and coordinate scopes to ensure that there are no duplications of effort
* Budget/cost/financial administration and trending reports for each project
* Contract document administration (contract modifications/task orders)
* Adhere to client-specific electronic filing and filing for archives
* Assist in contractor negotiation, solicitation, award, and administer open market procurements, when appropriate
* Review design and bid documents to ensure compliance with technical requirements and operational and maintenance requirements.
* Bachelor's Degree in Architecture, Construction, or Engineering
* 10 years of Project / Construction Management experience with a preference to the experience of working on a large construction program.
* Knowledge of pre-design and pre-construction, delivery systems, components, commissioning, and project close-out.
* Ability to multitask or manage/support multiple projects simultaneously.
* Valid driver's license
* Must be a U.S. Citizen
* Project Management Professional (PMP), Certified Construction Manager (CCM) certification or Professional Engineer (PE) licensure
* Deep written and verbal communication, organizational, and planning skills
* Experience with Microsoft Office and Industry Project software packages to include but not limited to latest versions of Microsoft Project, Primavera, AutoCADD, Revit, Prolog, Procore, Smartsheet, E-builder, etc.
Ideally, you'll have:
* Active TS Security Clearance