|Date Posted||April 8, 2021|
Trades & Services
# 1318 Specification & Standards Manager Job Description:
CLIENT is looking to add Specification and Standards Manager to our growing team. CLIENT is a new US Electric Vehicle company transforming commercial delivery networks for the e-mobility businesses of today and tomorrow. As a start up with aggressive targets to launch we are in search of a leader who is interested in crafting their own plan of action and implementing with vision. This person should have a background in vehicle lifecycle management, configuration management along with program management.
- Develop and set up the vehicle and components specification and release PLM system
- Develop component part numbering system
- Manage PLM system for main and satellite engineering offices
- Manage simultaneocoordinated engineering change orders, especially taking into consideration global supply chain.
- Review and approve component engineering designs, drawings and change orders for completeness
- Manage vehicle build of materials; BOM, E-BOM, S-BOM. M-BOM
- Manage all engineering data and design various downstream tools for all PLM processes.
- Provide training to all engineering team and provide enhancement to various PLM applications.
- Coordinate with suppliers to maintain knowledge on all specifications.
- Plausibility check of technical data, compilation of approval relevant data
- Preparation and generation of the necessary technical documentation as well as submission of this documentation to approval authorities.
- Participating in and influencing working groups involved in the development of regulations and standards as required
- Assist in documenting homologation related vehicle design/design changes
- Interaction with national regulatory authorities and agencies, including but not limited to NHTSA, EPA/CARB, and others as needed
- Bachelor's degree in engineering sciences (master's degree a plus)
- 10+ years' experience in automotive specification and release systems (OEM experience a plus)
- Familiarity with global technical specifications, both regulatory and voluntary.
- Experience as a Design / Release engineer
- BOM management experience
- Ability to work with global partners
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Project Management experience
- provided by Dice