|Date Posted||June 10, 2021|
Precision Planting, a subsidiary of AGCO Corporation and a leading provider of precision agriculture technology, is looking for a Software Engineering Manager.
What will I be doing?
- Leading a team of engineers with Computer Science or Electrical Engineering background
- Mentoring other team members about development best practices and techniques
- Making and executing complex architectural decisions
- Building an architecture that enables other engineers to be efficient
- Writing code for new products
- Refactoring existing code to ensure new products operate at their optimal performance
- Working with product managers and participating on product teams to define product features
- Climbing on agricultural equipment to test your code and experience our products first-hand
What must I have?
- 10+ years of software engineering experience in software development environments
- Passion for motivating individuals to worth together as a team
- Desire to help individuals grow technically, professionally, and interpersonally
- Solid understanding of software development and product development lifecycles
- Flexibility in terms of team process and project management
- Ability to read, understand, and write code, demonstrating an understanding of: modern C++: C+, C+, C+, C+, object oriented design, design patterns (composition, inheritance, templates), algorithmic complexity, memory vs. CPU performance trade-offs, lock-free multi-thread synchronization (atomics, memory ordering), and stream and message-based communications
- Solid understanding of Linux and Linux application development environments
- Solid background in computer architecture
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
This position is located in Tremont, IL. Remote-only candidates are not being considered at this time.
AGCO is an equal opportunity employer.