|Date Posted||May 5, 2021|
Trades & Services
Under general direction, this person will respond to calls for routine and complex packaging equipment installation, maintenance and repair needs by Piedmont National customers and sales personnel, performing such functions that will result in the successful completion of the tasks assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned and are subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
· Perform installations of new and used equipment to the satisfaction of the customer and conduct training sessions with customer personnel in the proper operation and maintenance of the equipment installed.
· Accomplish repairs to customer owned equipment when called upon to do so in a timely manner.
· Evaluate technical problems both in person and over the phone and determine proper technique and materials necessary to solve the problem.
· Identify and locate the parts needed for repairs and either purchase them locally or order them as required.
· Fully complete, properly execute and promptly submit Service Order forms (Service Tickets) to insure proper billing of all installation and service calls.
· Make joint calls with sales personnel and assist in present and future sales opportunities.
· Perform repairs and refurbishments to stock equipment as required by the Technical Service Manager.
· General office activities, such as answering the phone, copying, records maintenance and word processing.
· Cold call and telemarket for new business.
· General warehouse and office housekeeping.
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education and Experience
Associate's Degree, with a minimum of 5 years experience in this or related field.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· General mechanical and electrical knowledge in the design and operations of packaging machinery.
· Ability to identify and solve mechanical and electrical problems quickly.
· Ability to work independently and to communicate effectively. -1-
· Ability to perform heavy manual tasks under varying and some times uncomfortable environmental conditions including the ability to lift up to 75 pounds.
· Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with customers, employees, supervisors, other departments, and the general public.
· Computer literate with the ability to interface with equipment PLCs.
· Ability to drive stick shift box truck approximately 26 feet long.
Works under the general supervision of the Technical Service Manager.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR PUBLIC CONTACT?
Daily contact with customers and vendors requiring courtesy, discretion and sound judgment.
LICENSING AND CERTIFICATION?
Valid driver's license and $100,000/$300,000 in automobile liability insurance. Clean MVR record.
TOOLS, EQUIPMENT USED / VEHICLES DRIVEN ?
Mechanic's tools including electrical meters.
Supplies and drives well maintained personal automobile.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and hear. The employee is constantly required to use hands and fingers to feel, handle or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and walk.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally can be exposed to hot, cold, dusty, wet and/or humid conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet while in the office, or moderately loud when in the field.