|Category|| Engineering |
Pure Power is an engineering firm specializing in designing big, challenging, and high-profile Solar PV systems. As a full-service engineering firm, we create the electrical and structural drawings and calculation packages for bidding, permits, and construction, as well as supporting the lead up to the full engineering drawings, primarily interconnection support and electrical/structural feasibility studies. An essential aspect of our design is the structural analysis of buildings and structures that support the solar PV system.
Those that join the company have an opportunity to:
- Work in a fast growing, exciting, & innovative industry.
- Have a career with purpose and impact on the environment.
- Contribute to the best and largest firm in the solar industry with a great reputation built over the past 10 years.
- Take pride that our services really are the best in the industry. There is no fake it until you make it here!
We are looking for a Senior Structural Engineer with a minimum 7 years of experience, who wants to work as a team player within our progressive firm. The ideal candidate will be a licensed structural engineer with outstanding experience in the design of steel, concrete and wood commercial and institutional buildings. This position will be based out of California, with a preference in the Sacramento area.
- You will work alongside our structural teams to generate the solar industry's best structural design, analysis, and calculation packages.
- Perform structural analysis, design, and detail on variety of large-scale commercial building projects.
- Collaborate with electrical engineers, developers, and contractors to provide high quality and well-organized set of structural packages.
- Manage a team of engineers, designers, and drafters to execute structural designs.
- Develop proposals, RFP responses and other marketing support activities.
- Manage profitability of projects and maintain a working relationship with clients.
- Perform on-site structural inspections and gather information on as-built conditions.
- Work cross functionally with other teams within and outside the engineering department to ensure clients' needs and internal deadlines are met.
- Master's degree in Structural Engineering.
- 7+ years of relevant structural design experience.
- Willing and able to conduct site visits to gather information on existing structures up to 60% of the time. .
- Active Professional Engineering license
- Outstanding experience with various structural software packages for analysis and design such as RAM Connection, TEDDS, ETABS, SAP and SAFE.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD, Revit, or any other commercial CAD software.
- Solid background of solar PV system structural related analysis
- Extensive knowledge in steel design, concrete design, aluminum design and cold formed steel framing system analysis and design.
- Expertise in local building code requirements (IBC) and live loads (wind, snow, etc.).
- Geotechnical engineering knowledge and experienced in interpreting geotechnical reports, analysis of soil-structure interaction, soil corrosion, bearing capacity, swell/settlement, expansive soil, earth pressures, pavement section design, frost heave, slope stability, underpinning, and shoring design.
- A background in surveying and coordinate systems.
- Familiarity with, and eventual mastery of, solar racking manufacturer's designs and specifications.
- Analysis and design of buildings and multi-level parking garages.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a dynamic fast pace environment.
- Valid driver's license
This position will be based out of California, with a preference in the Sacramento area. We will consider employees in other California cities with close proximity to a major airport.
Compensation and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience. We pay 100% of our employee benefits costs and offer healthcare plans, dental, vision and 401K matching.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.