|Date Posted||May 5, 2021|
Mining / Oil / Gas
*** $45-$55/hour Longterm 12 month+ Contract Opportunity ***
Oil & Gas Revenue Accountant Houston TX
Sentoria's exploration & production client is hiring a revenue accountant focusing on non-operated properties. This is an opportunity to join a company that has an excellent reputation in the oil & gas industry and has consistently been recognized as one of the best places to work.
· Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
· 3+ years experience in oil & gas revenue accounting
· SAP, Enertia, Oildex/Energy Link exposure, preferred
· Records oil and gas sales for the company, from outside operated properties.
· Prepares monthly accrual analysis.
· Reviews cash application by property and purchaser on a monthly basis.
· Prepares accounts receivable and general ledger reconciliation reports and resolves outstanding balances.
· Prepares sales variance analysis and explains major sales fluctuations for assigned properties on a monthly basis.
· Uses Oildex/Energy Link to assist in coding of statements, cross referencing properties and statement details.
· Monitors and scans for errors of all incoming revenue statements.
· Coordinates with the other departments as needed to resolve any data integrity issues or to clarify/interpret information or agreement terms.
· Investigates or escalates any discrepancies and ensures thorough follow up and resolution with partners.
· Ensures compliance with all governing documents including accounting standards, joint operating agreements and COPAS.