|Location||West Greenwich, Rhode Island|
|Date Posted||June 22, 2022|
Trades & Services
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
Senior Instrument TechnicianLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this role, you are responsible for performing calibration, repair, installation, and troubleshooting of instruments, process control systems, and equipment used at the Amgen Rhode Island site.The position is on a Rotating night shift 7PM 7AM.
- Perform instrument calibrations for process, utility and analytical equipment and systems
- Troubleshoot and repair site instrumentation and control system issues
- Perform advanced maintenance and repair activities on equipment and systems used in Manufacturing, The Process Develop Laboratory, The Quality Analytical Laboratory or other areas of the ARI site.
- Ensure activities are accomplished in a safe manner.
- Ensure work is completed in accordance with procedures.
- Ensure work activities are completed correctly. Enhance right the first time execution.
- Work in a highly productive and efficient manner to maximize the quantity of activities completed.
- Ensure work is appropriately communicated to system operators and key stakeholders.
- Ensure work order documentation is completed accurately and completely.
- Identify waste, work flow interrupters, and other opportunities for improvement, recommend solutions, and assisting with implementation.
- Identify opportunities to learn new skills and actively participate in development that will improve overall team performance.
- Provide support - this may be outside of normal working hours including nights, weekends and holidays.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The dedicated professional we seek is a motivated, standout colleague with the below qualifications.
- Associates degree and 4 years of Maintenance or Instrumentation experience OR
- High school diploma / GED and 6 years of Maintenance or Instrumentation experience
- 8 + years of combined education, training, and experience with instrumentation and associated calibration procedures
- Ability to work with minimum direction
- Knowledge of Maximo CMMS System
- Advanced understanding of process control loops, loop checks, and loop tuning of process control systems
- Experience with Rosemount instrumentation, Foundation Fieldbus communications, and Delta V process control system
- Formal instrumentation education or training (Associates Degree, Armed Services, or other substantial technical training program(s))
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.