|Location||West Greenwich, Rhode Island|
|Date Posted||June 22, 2022|
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
Senior Facilities and Utilities Engineer
What you will do
Lets do this! Lets change the world! In this vital role you will provide HVAC/Utilities/Architectural/Fire Protection/Fire Alarm engineering support at the Amgen Rhode Island site.
- Provide technical expertise to lead design phase of facilities & utilities capital projects (both GMP and non GMP) and partner with other team members to ensure successful execution
- Interact with Insurance provider, regulatory bodies, Building Officials & Fire Marshall
- Interact with A&E and CM firms to deliver projects on budget and schedule
- Troubleshoot and resolve equipment and automation issues in the field
- Ensure efficient and cost-effective performance and reliability for facilities and utility systems
- Develop, organize, analyze, and present results for operational issues and engineering projects of moderate scope and complexity
- Support development of life cycle management strategies for facilities and utility systems
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The motivated professional we seek is a strategic problem solver with these qualifications.
- Doctorate degree OR
- Masters degree and 3 years of Operations or Engineering experience OR
- Bachelors degree and 5 years of Operations or Engineering experience OR
- Associates degree and 10 years of Operations or Engineering experience OR
- High school diploma / GED and 12 years of Operations or Engineering experience
- Bachelors Degree or Masters Degree in Mechanical/Electrical/Architectural Engineering or related technical field
- 5+ years experience in engineering in a manufacturing support environment with some experience of GMPs in the Pharmaceutical/Biotechnology or Semi-conductor industries.
- Experience managing projects of small/medium size from concept to funding approval/execution requirements definition, options analysis, all design phases/review/approval
- Experience with Commissioning of facilities & utility systems
- Experience with freezers/cold rooms, HVAC systems, fume hoods, bio-safety cabinets, laminar flow benches, chiller & cooling tower systems, fire protection, fire alarm, close loop pumping systems, electrical systems/motor controls, building automation, chemical storage & handling, H-occupancies, laboratory equipment/laboratory gasses, vacuum systems, boilers and steam/condensate handling, compressed air/gasses, cryo-gasses, fuel handling systems, tank farm, data centers, architectural/roofing systems, elevators, material handling equipment, warehouses & loading dock equipment, parking structures, underground piping/utilities
- Detailed understand of Building Codes, including chemical usage & hazardous classification
- Direct experience with regulated environments (i.e. cGMP, OSHA, EPA) including understanding of cGMPs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven interpersonal and facilitation skills and ability to work in a collaborative team based environment.
- Ability to apply analytical skills to evaluate and interpret complex problems using multiple sources of information
- Demonstrated ability to lead and influence multi-functional projects teams and accept a team-based culture
- Familiarity with designing and operating equipment used in biopharmaceutical manufacturing
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.