|Location||Buffalo, New York|
|Date Posted||June 22, 2022|
Join a global professional services leader. We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanization.
Our Northeast Engineering Design Organization (EDO) in Buffalo, NY is looking for a Senior Electrical Designer to join their team. In this role, you will assist with the electrical design of power distribution systems for municipal water, wastewater, and industrial related facilities using AutoCAD.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Coordinate with team members to develop contract drawings and specifications for power distribution, MCC layouts & wiring diagrams, motor schematics, cable tray calculations & layout, equipment selection & layout, lighting designs, and building mechanical support systems
- Review of submittals to ensure compliance with contract documents
- Perform occasional onsite inspections
- Compile and analyze data for various types of projects
- Devise approach to problem resolution
- Exercise judgment to interpret and draw conclusions from calculations
- Manage multiple design projects and tasks
- Invite client feedback as appropriate to verify client needs are being met
For success in this position, you will possess the following skills and qualifications:
- Associate's degree in Electrical Engineering Technology or relevant design field
- 10 years of design experience on a variety of electrical projects
- Proficiency with AutoCAD
- Experience working with Visual Lighting software (AGi32 a plus)
- Revit experience a plus
- A basic understanding of PLC's
- Manage multiple project tasks and maintain flexible approach to meet challenging deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to work both within a team and independently
- Possible field investigations and construction observations may be required
If you're interested in pursuing this position, please submit your application below!
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.
Being the best we can be is in our culture.
We are a family of smart, innovative and creative problem solvers. In our employee-owned company, everything feels like it matters more. Challenge us and help us come up with new solutions to ensure water, energy and urbanisation are made sustainable for generations to come.
Our commitment to you
Commitment is a powerful word that defines how we do business, how we serve our clients and how we care for one another. We will support your needs by giving you the tools to do your best work and then recognise achievements. We will set your curiosity free to allow brilliant minds to do their best work. We will invest in new ideas, removing barriers where we can. Finally, we will encourage you to collaborate with thousands of diverse people across our global business.
Who we are
We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanisation. GHD is a global professional services company that is a leader in engineering, construction and architectural expertise. Established in 1928, we remain wholly owned by our people. We are 10,000+ diverse and skilled individuals, yet we are proudly 'One GHD' across more than 200 offices, spanning five continents - Asia, Australia, Europe, North and South America, and the Pacific region. Delivering extraordinary social and economic outcomes, we are passionate about building lasting relationships with our partners and clients.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with GHD's US vaccination policy and any applicable government regulations related to COVID-19. Individuals hired for GHD positions that require in-person interactions with GHD Clients, or in-person visits to, or work at, GHD Clients sites, must comply with Client imposed requirements, including, in some instances, being fully vaccinated against COVID-19. GHD complies with federal, state, and local laws with regard to accommodations related to this policy.