|Date Posted||April 8, 2021|
Mining / Oil / Gas
The Senior Accountant, LT Corp is responsible for creating and maintaining various financial statements, account reconciliations, general ledger accounts and business transactions for analysis and reporting to the organization. The Senior Accountant will identify opportunities to improve internal controls while supporting improvements to business processes and business planning. The Senior Accountant will ensure accounting practices are compliant and align with GAAP requirements. The Senior Accountant interacts with various teams across the organization to drive greater understanding of the business and is a key role in the Finance and Accounting team.
- Lead the monthly financial statement close and consolidation process analyzing and reviewing financial statements and variances, ensuring all financial transactions are recorded accurately and timely.
- Prepare and publish the monthly financial reporting package and analyze current and YTD variances vs. budget, gathering information from key stakeholders.
- Establish, maintain, and improve the internal controls environment, safeguarding data integrity and ensures accurate financial reporting.
- Assist with sales and use tax reporting. Assist with annual tax return preparation and other tax filings.
- Support the external audit and ensure any areas of improvement are addressed and the completions of the annual external audit is timely.
- Assist in implementing lease accounting standards; assist with other projects as they arise.
- Participate in the development of the annual budget.
- Ensure all accounting activities comply with GAAP and sound business practices. Research and maintain current knowledge of GAAP standards and upcoming changes.
- Work collaboratively with the leadership team and all team members to evaluate and improve operations, maximize capabilities & efficiencies, and enable good financial decisions.
- Support Continuous Improvement (CI) initiatives (Kaizens & A3 problem solving events) by participating in Kaizen events and providing financial analysis to support Kaizen teams.
- Provide reporting on capital expenditures and communicate with managers on actual vs. budgeted spending.
- Minimum of 5 years of professional accounting experience preferred
- Advanced Excel skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office products required
- Experience in multi-location lean manufacturing environment preferred
- Experience with standard cost accounting preferred
- Experience with Sage ERP or comparable system preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to present financial information for business decisions
- Advanced problem solving, statistical analysis, reporting and solution focus
- Demonstrated record of identifying and implementing process improvements
- Strong team player, able to work across the business for collaborative problem solving
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills
- Ability to communicate across various level of the organization
Education and Certification Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance required
- CPA preferred
- A limited amount of travel to local sites may be required