|Date Posted||August 4, 2022|
Our Company, Your Opportunity:
Nearly 150 years ago, Gustavus Swift founded Swift & Company. He was a true pioneer whose passion and innovative spirit transformed the meat industry. This commitment to transformation mirrors that of Swift Prepared Foods today. Swift Prepared Foods (formerly Plumrose USA) is the prepared foods arm of JBS USA, one of the world s largest meat companies. This is a unique opportunity to be in a start-up environment, with the backing of a Global CPG Powerhouse. This is a role for someone who is looking for an entrepreneurial challenge in a company with aspirations to be leaders within the CPG world. The position will have both strategic and tactical elements and the person may wear different hats. This is an opportunity for people who want to think Big, dream Big and work to make Big ideas a reality.
To be THE BEST in all we do. We are completely focused on our business, ensuring the BEST products and services to our customers, a relationship of trust with our suppliers and profitability for our shareholders. All this, we do to provide an opportunity for a better future for all of our TEAM MEMBERS.
Determination, Simplicity, Availability, Humility, Sincerity, Discipline, Ownership
Scope of Position:
The Safety Manager is responsible for assurance of regulatory compliance to safety and environmental requirements including permitting, program review, training, inspections, incident management and follow-up, workers compensation oversight, record keeping, and documentation control. In addition, the position has responsibility for an annual site safety plan and the development of the plant safety culture.
- Ensure compliance to safety and environmental regulatory requirements as they relate to: permitting, program review, training, inspections, incident management and follow-up, workers compensation oversight, record keeping and documentation control
- Act as the technical expert for safety, training, health and ergonomics issues
- Perform plant safety audits and inspections of personnel to assure compliance with program requirements
- Handle all staff development as it relates to safety and environmental program requirements
- Administer monthly group meetings and other specialized meetings as need dictates
- Facilitate H&S drills including: Fire & Evacuation Drills, Weather Drills, Hazmat Drills, LEPC & Fire Department Drills
- Provide incident and near miss support including patient care and follow-up actions, investigation, tracking and trending details for EH&S events
- Review all capital expenditure requests to assure safety and environmental concerns are addressed
- Provide in-field Environmental Health & Safety support for employees and provide hazard awareness directly to site employees
- Responsible for working with utilities group to ensure compliance with OSHA process safety management (PSM) regulations as well as EPA risk management program (RMP) regulation
- Participate in all government inspections dealing with Safety or Environmental agencies
- Conduct or participate in annual site compliance evaluation to include development of an action plan to address gaps
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum 4 years safety experience, preferably within food processing industry
- Bachelor s Degree in Safety, Engineering, Business Administration or Physical Sciences; or an equivalent combination of related experience and education
- CPR/First Aid Training
- National Safety Council Training
- Confined Space Training
- OSHA Training Courses
- Program, planning and evaluation techniques
- Statistical analysis skills
- Strong computer skills are essential
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills in order to lead and engage employees
- A thorough understanding of lean manufacturing principles and leadership applications
- Food Manufacturing Operations environment