|Date Posted||June 22, 2022|
Join a global professional services leader. We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanization.
Excellent opportunity for a REVIT, AutoCAD or BIM Specialist. Are you self-motivated, seeking to grow and work with leading professionals? Do you like working in a dynamic fast paced environment on high profile projects? This opportunity is for you. This role is open to anyone near a US GHD hub office.
This position will be responsible for developing designs using REVIT and AutoCAD for Audio Visual, Security and some Telecommunications.
You will work with the latest groundbreaking software on unique building projects.
No VISA sponsorship available for this role at this time.
Responsibilities of this role:
- Collaborate with other designers, engineers, architects and clients to convert information into a layout designs and drawings using REVIT and AutoCAD.
- Use information received from various formats (Sketches, BIM Execution Plans, Architectural drawings, AutoCAD drawings, PDFs to develop design packages.
- Familiar with U.S. National CAD Standards.
- Capable of translating project requirements into drawings that will be used by Engineers and Architects to build Systems
- Good Communication skills required to collaborate with customers, engineers and designers.
- Understand and operate according to project scope, specifications and design criteria within a project task team.
- Understand and manage drawing workflow between engineering fields.
- Share success and setbacks with fellow designers/drafters to ensure drawing accuracy and improve skill level.
- Build 3D models of systems to support design initiatives by working with engineering team.
- Participate in design coordination and clash detection correction sessions working with other contractors and architects
- Develop model families (primarily Revit families) for general and project-specific needs
- Work with other modelers, CAD Specialists and Designers to build/manage model databases, templates and standard procedures
- Perform quality checks on modeling efforts of others to ensure tools to assist upstream engineering or downstream project management
- Investigate and develop methods to use BIM models or software tools to support engineering or downstream project management
- Technical school or equivalent experience in REVIT, AutoCAD design in a commercial environment.
- 2-5 years of experience, knowledge of construction field, reading blueprints and architectural drawings preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Complex problem solving ability required. Must be able to multi-task and work in a fast paced, group atmosphere.
- Computer Aided Design for M/E/P construction or systems manufacturing
- Experience in developing BIM models for M/E/P construction
- Working knowledge of Revit, AutoCAD, and Navisworks
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (e.g. Excel and Word)
- Proficiency in Bluebeam and Adobe PDF tools
- Provable experience building or maintaining model family libraries.
- Knowledge of low voltage electrical systems and symbols as it applies to IT, Security and AV systems
- Design and layout of AV, Electronic Security, Telecommunications Systems.
- Generate Plan Drawings, Equipment Layouts, Details, and Schedules using REVIT for projects in various phases of design and construction according to industry standards.
- Familiarity with BCSI, NFPA, and NEC projects experience desirable
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.
Being the best we can be is in our culture.
We are a family of smart, innovative and creative problem solvers. In our employee-owned company, everything feels like it matters more. Challenge us and help us come up with new solutions to ensure water, energy and urbanisation are made sustainable for generations to come.
Our commitment to you
Commitment is a powerful word that defines how we do business, how we serve our clients and how we care for one another. We will support your needs by giving you the tools to do your best work and then recognise achievements. We will set your curiosity free to allow brilliant minds to do their best work. We will invest in new ideas, removing barriers where we can. Finally, we will encourage you to collaborate with thousands of diverse people across our global business.
Who we are
We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanisation . GHD is a global professional services company that is a leader in engineering, construction and architectural expertise. Established in 1928, we remain wholly owned by our people. We are 10,000+ diverse and skilled individuals, yet we are proudly 'One GHD' across more than 200 offices, spanning five continents - Asia, Australia, Europe, North and South America, and the Pacific region. Delivering extraordinary social and economic outcomes, we are passionate about building lasting relationships with our partners and clients.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with GHD's US vaccination policy and any applicable government regulations related to COVID-19. Individuals hired for GHD positions that require in-person interactions with GHD Clients, or in-person visits to, or work at, GHD Clients sites, must comply with Client imposed requirements, including, in some instances, being fully vaccinated against COVID-19. GHD complies with federal, state, and local laws with regard to accommodations related to this policy.