|Location||Johnstown, New York|
|Date Posted||June 23, 2022|
Benjamin Moore & Co is looking for a st Shift PSM Process Engineer to help drive continuous improvement in the areas of process safety, production, and process engineering at its Johnstown location. This critical role in the organization will provide process engineering leadership and expertise at the plant to help them identify and implement best practices to achieve manufacturing excellence.
Responsibilities of Position:
• Partner with production to provide process engineering support in the PSM area of the business.
• Scope, design, and execute capital improvement projects up to $100K.
• Identify bottlenecks in the process, then identify & implement solutions.
• Troubleshoot process problems, then identify & implement solutions.
• Through the MOC & project management processes, provide project input concerning process, production, and personnel safety requirements.
Key Success Factors:
• Identifies, scopes, and implements continuous improvement efforts related to process engineering and process safety in Johnstown.
• Works with teams of production employees, maintenance, R&D, finance, and the leadership team to implement small capital improvements in Johnstown Resin.
• Understanding of OSHA PSM and EPA RMP requirements.
• Skillful application of standard work processes, including engineering design standards, engineering operating procedures, inherent safety, etc.
• Timely and effective communications with all levels of the organization.
• Development path to assume operational management of the department in 3-5 years
• Willing to work a flexible schedule including off shift and weekends as needed to address any process engineering issue.
• Customer Focused -- Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external stakeholders.
• Agent for Change -- Not satisfied with the status quo; Willing to take strong and effective action to effectively manage change; Committed to continuous improvement; Recommend and develop innovative processes.
• Interpersonal skills -- Relates well to all levels and kinds of people; Builds appropriate rapport; Listens well.
• Self-starter; Results driven; Anticipate/initiates and implements solutions; Proactive.
• Action Oriented -- Full of energy for the things that need to be accomplished; Bias for action; Team player.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills. Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
• Able to plan and coordinate several simultaneous projects.
• Ability to travel (less than 10%).
• BS degree in Chemical Engineering
• Minimum 3 years of experience in a production/process engineering role in a PSM environment.
• Experience in a project role at a chemical plant with batch reactors is a significant plus.
Click to see how you can paint your future!
The color of pride: Benjamin Moore is proud to be a part of Berkshire Hathaway, which was recognized by Fortune magazine as the world's fourth most admired company. And for more than 130 years we've been a respected leader in the architectural coatings and home décor landscape; creating the products and tools that enrich and beautify thousands of communities each day. We recognize that our associates are the driving force behind our success and we strive to provide a work environment where hard work, creativity and purposeful collaboration are fostered and encouraged.
Join a company where innovation is constantly recognized as we look for individuals who produce world-class products, best-in-class services and customer experiences, design pioneering paints using the latest technologies and deliver unparalleled value and brand experiences for our customers and retail network.
At Benjamin Moore, our people are the heart of the company and our number one asset. We are committed to providing safe working conditions at all of our locations and have invested heavily in measures aimed at keeping employees healthy during the COVID-19 pandemic. With safety as one of our core company values, we've modified facilities and work schedules to support social distancing, established enhanced cleaning and sanitization protocols, and regularly provide personal protective equipment to all employees--including masks, gloves and hand sanitizer. Ensuring the well-being of our team members is a top priority.