|Date Posted||May 5, 2021|
Do you wake up every morning wanting to make a difference in the world? If you can manufacture something that will literally change and enhance the lives of people throughout the world does it motivate you? Here at Modus Advanced we make custom components that go into innovative products that are impacting everyone from our Navy Seals and Troops to patients needing life saving medical devices and treatments. Everyday, we remain passionate and committed because what we do matters!
Please watch the video below if you would like to learn more (you may need to paste the link into your browser):
Purpose of Position:
The Regional Sales Manager will manage all sales activities in an established territory and is responsible for achieving key metrics that will drive growth at Modus. This position is responsible for meeting with Engineers and Supply-Chain professionals at large OEM's on a weekly basis. Establishing strong partnerships with customers and suppliers, ability to negotiate strategic deals, technical manufacturing knowledge, and problem-solving skills are critical to success in this role. The number one priority is to spend time in front of customers helping to solve design challenges, specify materials for various applications, develop turnkey solutions, offer manufacturing expertise, and assure we help customers achieve their ultimate goals. From time to time, quotes will be completed by the Regional Sales Manager in an effort to support the Sales Engineering Team.
- Meet with Engineers and Supply-Chain professionals on a weekly basis.
- Help OEM's bring product to market sooner by offering design and material recommendations.
- Position Modus as the obvious choice.
- Develop strong partnerships with key accounts.
- Build a pipeline of Partnership Accounts to drive future growth.
- Work directly with the Modus Sales Engineer to assure quotes are sent out quickly and built appropriately to position us to win.
- Discovery work to completely understand the intricacies of an account and what is needed to grow revenue.
- Develop territory and account action plans to grow revenue year of year and maximize profit.
- Develop a strong network of contacts throughout the territory that can be leveraged to grow business exponentially.
- Clearly articulate our value propositions to all customers.
- Set up lunch-and-learns, happy hours, and other out-of-office events with customers.
- Present to groups of key influencers and stakeholders at target accounts.
- Strong knowledge of our processes, materials, and capabilities.
- Document all activities and account specific information in Hubspot (CRM).
- Identify and develop opinion leaders/champions at key accounts.
- Project management.
- Quoting projects.
- Joint calls with our Core Suppliers.
- Work with various departments including quality, operations, customer service, procurement, and finance to assure our customers have an exceptional experience.
- Keeps up to date on advances in the manufacturing industry and materials.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
Other responsibilities assigned, as required.
- Sales growth
- Number of Partnership accounts
- Number of weekly customer meetings
The Regional Sales Manager reports to the President.
Procurement Team, Customer Service Team, Sales Team, Operations Team, Vendors, President
Knowledge & Skill Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering; or four to six years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Preferred related experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience selling into medical, aerospace and defense, semi, communications markets.
- Strong understanding of manufacturing processes and materials.
- Ability to interpret and negotiate contracts.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications.
- Familiarity or ability to learn Microsoft Business Central.
- Proven leadership and business acumen skills.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines in a high paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Must be well organized, detail-oriented forward thinker.
- Sound knowledge of sales processes, prospecting, negotiating, closing.
- Proven success in achieving professional goals.
- Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels.
- Good judgement with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
- Working knowledge of data collection, data analysis, evaluation, and scientific method.
- Demonstrated ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, and percentages.
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) (English) used in the workplace.
Authority & Decision Making:
All employees of Modus Advanced, Inc. are authorized to stop work that they suspect is of poor quality.
The employee will adhere to all Quality Management System policies, procedures as well as 5S processes, and plant safety.
This job is in an office environment with ambient temperature controls. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time. Noise level is low to moderate.
We maintain a safe workplace and encourage and/or adopt practices protecting the health of employees, customers, visitors or others.
Modus Advanced Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, Modus Advanced Inc. prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Modus Advanced Inc. conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.