|Date Posted||June 22, 2022|
Trades & Services
At Pacific Seafood, we do more than just provide the world with the healthiest proteins on the planet. We cultivate a work environment that listens to our team members, nurtures potential, embraces diversity, and values innovative thinking. As a leader in the seafood industry, we know that the key to our success is based on the commitment to excellence displayed by each of our team members.
As the R/D Engineer, you will perform, or assist in performing research, and analysis of processes and systems in order to find solutions to problems and/or to increase efficiencies and product utilization. Also to perform or assist in performing the development and implementation of those solutions.
- Be a role model in projecting and applying The Pacific Group Diamond Philosophy (Productivity, Quality, Excellence and Teamwork) and promote teamwork at all times
- Be active in idea generation for new improvements and development of existing ones.
- Evaluate systems or processes, and recommend changes to improve reliability and performance
- Evaluate new technologies, and identify opportunities for implementation of those technologies where they may improve products and processes.
- Develop metrics for testing when needed.
- To lead or assist in the development and implementation of the identified improvements or changes, (This will include physically performing work in the field as needed).
- Collect and analyze data from all available resources to monitor and ensure adequacy/accuracy of system or processes improvements.
- Develop and review Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) as needed
- Provide training and support on equipment, systems, and best practices as needed
- Ability and willingness to travel will be required as needed.
- Perform other duties, as assigned
What You Bring to Pacific Seafood:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in engineering or science related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- One to three years related experiences
- Strong Computer skills in MS Office Suite, primarily Word and Excel.
- Experience with AutoCAD Software.
- Experience with 3D modeling software (Fusion 360, Inventor or Solidworks).
At Pacific Seafood, your base wage is only a portion of your overall compensation package. When you add in the additional benefits below to our competitive base wage you can increase your total compensation up to 25%.
- Health insurance benefits options, including medical, prescription, vision, dental, basic group life and short term disability.
- Flexible spending accounts for health flex and dependent care expenses.
- 401(k) Retirement Plan options with generous annual company profit sharing match.
- Paid time off for all regular FT team members, to include paid sick, vacation and personal time.
- 7 paid holidays.
- Employee Assistance Program- Confidential professional counseling, financial, and legal assistance provided at no charge to Team Members and immediate family members
- Product purchase program.
Pacific Seafood is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)