|Date Posted||May 4, 2021|
Apex Systems has an immediate opportunity for a skilled QA Automation Engineer to support one of our top cybersecurity clients! This is a great way to get your foot in the door with a growing organization!
This role can sit fully REMOTE, so please review the details and send in your resume to apply!
QA Automation Engineer Duties:
We are looking for a QA Automation Engineer, experienced with product lifecycles from inception to end-of-life with expert knowledge of Software Quality and Release Management best practices and processes.
You are a focused mindset of continuous product quality improvements around stability, functionality, performance, and customer success is key. You ideally have experienced critical issue management, you can assess any problem, remain calm under pressure while providing thoughtful resolutions. Excellent written, verbal communication, and presentation skills are required as you will collaborate with Engineers, Program Management, and Product Management. As a QA Automation Engineer, you will be responsible for ensuring top quality for applications within the Services engineering organization. You will oversee and coordinate the overall testing process and projects. You will design and enhance current automation frameworks, help strategize, and improve automation test effectiveness. You will also manage releasing and deploying new features to the production environment.
- Work with product and development teams to define the overall application SQA strategy
- Define the key application QA metrics (KPIs)
- Execute test plans, monitor, and report on test execution and quality metrics
- Define and drive the execution of CI/CD process for the applications
- Improve QA processes and methodology and create measurable goals for these improvements
- Work with product, program, and engineering teams to ensure customer issues solved in time and high quality
- Work closely with Product, DevOps, and Engineering Teams to define and provide the highest test coverage of the applications
- Define and drive the execution of automation strategies, processes and appropriate test harnesses
- Communicate and collaborate with development teams to resolve critical issues
- Backend and Frontend QA automation experience
- Experience with testing and developing test harnesses
- Experience with backend and frontend testing of cloud-based services
- Experience with CI/CD tools (Jenkins, GitLab, Bitbucket Pipelines)
- Experience with API testing at scale
- Knowledge of PyTest and Robot framework is a big plus
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, Google Cloud Platform, and Python is a big plus
- Experience with an understanding of agile development and testing processes and methodologies
- Comfortable communicating directly with software developers, QA Engineers, program managers, and product managers
- Relevant Backend and Frontend QA automation experience
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or - provided by Dice