|Date Posted||April 8, 2021|
Mining / Oil / Gas
Our client is now looking for the next member to join their MIS (Management Information Systems) team in Houston.
Position Core Responsibilities
- Writing modular, reusable components to liaise between external sources of data, internal tools and databases
- Maintaining the cleanliness and centrality of the Python codebase
- Porting of legacy code into Python where appropriate
- Able to translate business requirements into a technical delivery following existing patterns where possible
Qualifications and Experience
- 3+ years of enterprise-level coding experience in Python
- Experience scraping websites with Beautiful Soup, Selenium, etc.
- Oracle / PL SQL development experience including stored procedures
- Strong understating of object oriented design, design patterns, SOA architectures
- Past experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Proficient understanding of peer-reviewing, code versioning, and bug/issue tracking tools.
- Development experience implementing solutions utilizing cloud technologies like AWS is preferred
- Commodities/Energy Industry experience desired
- Familiarity with containerization solutions like Docker and Kubernetes is a plus
- Team player
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and manage changing priorities
- Able to work in a high pressure on-call environment with changing priorities
- Proactive and customer focused "make it work" mentality
- Highly responsive, energetic and enthusiastic
- Resourceful and able to think creatively and adapt