|Date Posted||June 23, 2022|
Job ID: 412839
APAC Central Inc., is an Oldcastle Materials Company producing and providing crushed aggregate materials, sand, ready-mix concrete, asphalt, and performing as a regional heavy highway/infrastructure construction firm serving Arkansas, Oklahoma, and southern Missouri. APAC-Central, Inc. and its founding companies have been serving our customers since early in the 20th Century and look forward to continued success in the 21st Century!
The Project Manager is responsible for accurately projecting the amount of materials, equipment, and man hours that must be utilized in order to complete a given project. Direct and coordinate planning, organization control, integration and completion of a construction project within a local company. Also designs changes and specs of the project. May have responsibility for more than one project at a time.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Travel to potential sites to evaluate existing conditions and meet with site owners and/or owner's representatives.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with owner, contractors, and engineers.
- Track and adjust quantities through all phases of each project.
- Generate various reports required by immediate supervisor.
- Plan, organize and staff key field positions through regional department heads.
- Establish project objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards within boundaries of corporate policy
- Initiate and maintain liaison with prime client and Architectural and Engineering contacts, to facilitate construction activities.
- Monitor/control construction through administrative direction of on-site Superintendent to ensure project is built on schedule and within budget; investigate potentially serious situations and implement corrective measures.
- Represent company in project meetings; assist in strategy meetings, etc.
- Manage financial aspects of contracts (fee payment, rental equipment, income/expenses, etc.) to protect company's interest and simultaneously maintain good relationship with client.
- Assume additional responsibilities as directed by corporate executives.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Bachelor's degree in construction management or related field or equivalent in training and experience.
- Regular work attendance is a requirement for this position
- Minimum of 3 years experience in construction, design, finance, and management required
- Ability to apply innovation and effective management techniques to maximize employee performance.
- High ethical standards.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong negotiation skills and ability to work with suppliers.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks effectively with a focus on timeliness and responsiveness.
- Ability to deal with the public in a pleasant, courteous, and calm manner in all circumstances.
- Ability to work under pressure and be multi-task oriented.
- Thorough understanding of corporate and industry practices, processes, standards and their impact on project activities.
- Superior communication and interpersonal (tact, diplomacy, influence, etc.) skills essential.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Requires the following motions on occasion: bending, kneeling, squatting, climbing, reaching, fine motor, repetitive motion.
- Requires the following motions frequently: standing, walking, sitting
- Requires the following lifting:
- 0-10 lbs - occasionally
- 10-25 - occasionally
- 25-50 - occasionally
- 50-100 - occasionally
- This position will be based out of a division, branch, or project office
- May require exposure to extreme temperatures, both hot and cold
- Will require exposure to dust and dirt
- This is a safety sensitive position.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Follow Oldcastle Careers on Facebook , Twitter , Instagram , Google+ , Pinterest , WordPress (Career Blog) and LinkedIn !
APAC Central Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .
APAC Central Inc. is part of the Oldcastlecareers network.