|Date Posted||January 12, 2022|
Kelly has been providing outstanding employment opportunities to the most talented individuals in the marketplace for more than 70 years. We are proud to offer a permanent opportunity with a leader in Clean Room construction.
**_We are looking for degreed Engineers to lead and oversee the design and build of clean rooms. The ideal candidate will have experience with estimating and project scheduling and some knowledge of HVAC systems. Experience with manufacturing processes is also helpful. These jobs offer competitive pay, great benefits, bonus and relocation assistance._**
The Project Manager shall lead design/build cleanroom projects from receipt of purchase order from customer to project close out. The project manager will provide assistance in conceptual design, detailed estimate, quote and project coordination prior to the purchase order. Then the PM shall directly oversee and drive completion of the detailed design phase, manufacturing phase, site installation and acceptance testing requirements. This position is also responsible for ensuring projects are executed on budget and on schedule while meeting quality standards and with proper documentation provided as well.
**Supervisory Responsibilities** :
The project manager shall directly supervise project engineering resources to complete all tasks associated with project requirements.
**Essential Job Functions** :
Essential job functions represent the fundamental job duties and accountability of this position that the individual holding the position must be capable of performing. Persons with disabilities can perform these with or without reasonable accommodations. The Vice President or his/her designee may assign other duties limited to those consistent with the applicable scope of the appropriate professional job function.
**Sales Assistanc** e - 20%
• Provides technical input into the sales engineer's conceptual designs and project requirements
• Acts as a resource to all sales activities to ensure project requirements align with company capabilities
• Review project estimates created by sales engineering team and provide quotes as needed for non-standard components or subcontracted resources
**Project Leadership Requirements** - 70%
• Effectively completes all project requirements such that the customer approves the state of the projects and project documentation
• Ensures that the customers' expectations are exceeded
• Executes all project activities with associated costs under project budget
• Ensures the quality of production by writing standard operation procedures (SOPs) and following up to receive completed documentation required by the same
• Secures quotation from a qualified engineering firm by describing project requirements with scope of work documents and conceptual designs
• Manages subcontracted engineering firm's activities to ensure project requirement details are transferred properly and all design activities are completed within budget and schedule
• Manages project engineering resources directly for all coordination drawings, engineering change notices and project as built drawings
• Ensures repeatable and simplified building plans are provided to the manufacturing team for ease of construction
• Participates in engineering design and constructability review of cleanroom design documents, including but not limited to specifications, drawings, and submittals
• Selects and approves product materials used in that are in compliance with technical and code requirements and industry standards
• Directly negotiate with all vendors and subcontractors to develop custom bids from the subcontractors that meet project intent and schedule
• Oversees the procurement of all related materials so they arrive just in time and meet specification
• Communicates scope delineation requirements to manufacturing teams for resource planning
• Creates regular project schedule updates to ensure manufacturing activities are being completed on time
• Provides decision making input into project direction
• Monitors job progress continually and devising methods for improving production and effectiveness of staff
• Acquires competitive bids for shipping, permitting and on site subcontracted efforts to meet customer needs on time
• Negotiates scopes of work with onsite contractors to ensure smooth transitions
• Ensures host facility requirements are met and the projects will be able to operate in a final state quickly and properly
• Coordinates with the commissioning team to ensure they are aligned with project goals
• Provide support to secure quotes for 3rd party testing
• Reviews all work and approves final state
Marginal Job Functions:
Marginal job functions identify accountabilities that are performed but are not essential as defined above. Marginal job functions may be reassigned and must not prohibit the employment of a person with disabilities.
**Research and Development** - 10%
• Lead project engineering teams into new markets opportunity research
• Tests new product lines to potentially utilize in the finished projects
• Research new market opportunities by participating in trade organizations and reviewing trade journals
**You should know:** Your safety matters! Vaccination against COVID-19 may be a requirement for this job in compliance with current client and governmental policies. A Kelly recruiter will confirm and share more details with you during the interview process.
**Why Kelly** **** **?**
Your engineering skills are in demand, but how do you find the right fit? Easy. With Kelly Engineering, our experts connect you with leading organizations where you can learn and grow, collaborate on innovative projects, and keep your skills sharp with top technology. Whether you prefer the variety and flexibility of short-term projects, or are looking for something more long-term, we're here every step of the way to find your dream engineering job.
**About Kelly** ****
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits ?). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.