|Date Posted||June 22, 2022|
Middough Inc. - 'TOP WORKPLACES' winner!
Project Manager - Chemical - Position and Responsibilities
As a Project Manager (PM) you will serve as a client account manager and will be the primary point of contact for the client and other outside consultants concerning the project(s). The PM is fully responsible for the overall development and execution of a portfolio of Chemical and Refining industry projects (typically $1MM+ project fee) including project profitability, quality, safety, client satisfaction, controlling available resources, project scope, schedule, budget and contractual requirements. The PM possesses broad knowledge, understanding and experience with the standard engineering and construction models including A/E, AEPCM, or Design Build. The PM provides leadership and organization to the project and instill confidence in the client regarding the project team's abilities.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to, the following:
- Coordinate completion of defined work scope for a project between various Middough departments and business locations involved in the project.
- Develop, review, and approve all project management documents including scope development, project costs and schedules, and internal/external communications.
- Assist in preparation of project execution strategy and review progress of drawings and specifications prior to permit issuance and construction.
- Monitor changes in scope and schedule to secure change authorizations, as needed.
- Supervise the preparation of project proposal, specification, scope, and negotiate final contract.
- Monitor project costs and quality to ensure the profitability and technical performance of the project and develops innovative actions to correct variances to scope, budget and/or schedule.
- Exercise innovative cost efficiency approaches in the project design to reduce construction costs and increase productivity.
- Anticipate, recognize, and identify key project challenges and problems to establish and direct problem-solving objectives and priorities for resolution.
- Maintain specific knowledge of Middough project planning and scheduling functions.
- Support project, business, and relationship development activities of the Senior Project Manager.
Education, Experience and Skills
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Accredited Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering discipline.
- 10+ years of project management experience in consulting organizations and within the Chemical and/or Refining industries.
- Professional Engineering License and/or PMP Certification preferred.
- Broad knowledge, understanding and experience with the basic engineering and construction models including A/E, AEPCM, Design Build and/or CM.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products and Navisworks.
- Thorough understanding of contract administration, liability, and safety issues.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and attention to detail abilities.
- Ability to multitask and organize for project efficiency.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
The characteristics described below are representative of those encountered while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing duties of this position, the successful candidate will:
- Remain in a stationary position, often standing or sitting for prolonged periods.
- Frequently walk, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, balance, stoop or kneel, use repeating motions that may include the wrists/hands/fingers and talk and hear.
- Frequently use up-close vision, distance vision, depth perceptions, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Should not expect adverse environmental conditions within company offices.
- May be exposed to adverse environmental conditions (such as climbing ladders and/or stairs, extreme heat and/or cold, and/or poor air quality) if or when on-site at a client facility. Safety protections to be provided by the client and/or company and are required to be used and followed.
- May require occasional car or air travel to other company locations or client sites.
Middough Inc. (Middough), founded in 1950, is a leading professional engineering, architecture and project solutions company providing services to a broad spectrum of Fortune 500 clients in nine core industries with offices across the Central, Midwest and Northeast regions. Our diversified team is our greatest asset, and they are challenged with a large variety of interesting projects, management and technical development opportunities and team building experiences. Middough employs the best and brightest individuals who share our passion for excellence and who are dedicated to client satisfaction, quality service, safety awareness and professional development.
What Middough Offers
We offer a growth and learning culture which encourages and supports employee development through a wide variety of tools and resources such as the company Learning Management System, Middough Learning Center. Middough provides an opportunity to bring your talents and expertise to a successful and growing organization for your career advancement goals. Additionally, we offer a highly competitive compensation and the following comprehensive benefits package, based on eligibility and plan terms/changes:
- A hybrid work model for work-life flexibility (based on business and client needs)
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Company paid Short/Long Term Disability, Life, AD&D, and Travel insurance
- Health Saving and Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off, Company Paid Holidays
- Flexible Start Times
- Tuition Assistance
- Paid Certifications and Registrations (as applicable)
- Employee Assistance Program
Middough participates in the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and Social Security Administration (SSA) E-Verify program to confirm work authorization.
Equal Opportunity Employment
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, status as a parent, national origin, age, disability (physical or mental), family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors or any other protected characteristic under protected by federal, state, or local laws. Middough does not support sponsorship for any applicant that requires an employment visa (i.e., H-1B) to work lawfully in the US.