|Date Posted||June 22, 2022|
Apex Systems is Hiring for a Project with out client in Homestead, FL
Please see details below and Apply today!
Seeking a Project Engineer to support our LNG Peaking Facility Design and Construction team on site during construction in Homestead, FL. Mobilization to the site will occur in late May 2022 with an approximate one-year duration.
In this position, you will be responsible for coordinating with the home office engineering team, the site construction team, managing and overseeing the EPC contractor home office and field engineering design, procurement and construction design and contact compliance from an engineering perspective. Project engineering responsibilities span from initial concept definition to construction and final commissioning and requires continuous coordination with diverse project stakeholders such as environmental, procurement, transmission services, and other internal project entities.
A successful candidate will have experience applying value engineering to balance reliability, cost, and performance for complex systems, along with a thorough knowledge of the various applicable engineering disciplines. A successful candidate will have appropriate field engineering experience. A successful candidate will have outstanding verbal and written communications skills, along with a proven record of coordinating project stakeholders and engaging and motivating teams to achieve objectives. A preferred candidate will also have experience successfully managing schedules and budgets for major capital projects.
Employees in this role make decisions and recommendations having significant impact on project related activities for the company. This position negotiates critical and controversial issues with both internal and external project representatives.
General Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Demonstrates a high degree of creativity, foresight, and mature judgment in planning, organizing, and guiding project engineering and activities
- Manages multiple issues of complex diversity and scope which are of critical importance to overall project and company objectives
- Manages engineering contractors to ensure collaborative project successes
Specific Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Observance of safety requirements
- Observance of environmental requirements
- Observance of permit requirements
- Writes Owner furnished equipment specifications for field supplied equipment (limited scope as most items provided by EPC Contactor)
- Liaising with company purchasing department to ensure that purchase orders adequately define the specified requirements and contracts are put in place
- Contract reviews (non-legal)
- Project evaluation and planning reviews
- Schedule Analysis and Optimization
- Cost/Benefit analysis
- Confirming design safety
- Offering technical support
- Review and oversee EPC Contractor design and engineering
- Engineering design and planning reviews
- Monitoring of equipment and material compliance with specifications
- Monitoring of engineering to ensure engineering deliverables meet field schedule needs.
- Monitoring of engineering to ensure field related construction progress meets project needs (in conjunction with project controls and construction managers)
- Monitoring and ensuring quality control in accordance with project QA/QC procedures, method statements, quality plans and inspection and test plans
- Ensuring contractor is setting out the works in accordance with the drawings and specifications
- Conducting site inspections
- Checking materials and work in progress (at factory and in field) for compliance with the specified requirements
- Resolving technical issues with engineers, suppliers, contractors, subcontractors and statutory authorities
- Ensuring technical reports and record drawings are complete
- Ensuring operational and maintenance manuals are review and provided in a timely fashion to the startup team
- Supporting the startup manager during commissioning and startup
- Bachelor's - Engineering
- Experience: Qualified experience in LNG projects, 5 to 7 years pertinent experience preferred
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or .