|Location||Soda Springs, Idaho|
|Date Posted||June 23, 2022|
PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking a Project Engineer.
- The Construction Manager (CM) provides on site management of the construction, check-out and start-up phases of the project. The CM functions as a key communicator between the following parties:
- The construction contractor(s) site team (i.e. construction superintendent, safety representative, foremen, safety coordinators, project manager and scheduler)
- The GE Seeds Project Manager (see "Delegation of Authority" below); and members of the GE Seeds project team (i.e. discipline lead for process, civil, mechanical, electrical and project controls)
- The site manager and site team (i.e. CMR, safety generalist and/or the designated customer representative).
- The CM is expected to attain detailed knowledge of critical project components such as schedule, scope, drawings, contractual obligations in reference to execution of the work, responsibilities of other team members and Bayer Health Safety & Environment (HSE) requirements. The CM must have a demonstrated knowledge of construction management and have completed the OSHA 30 hour construction safety course. The CM reports directly to the designated GE Seeds Construction Coordinator.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage contractor safety in compliance with Bayer requirements and OSHA regulations (Note: for projects with a full time GE Seeds Safety Manager (SM), this responsibility would
- be shared between the CM and SM)
- Coordinate with contractor(s) supervision and if needed, direct contractor work tasks to expedite schedule, work efficiently and to manage the interface between contractors
- Understand the project schedule and ability to assess job progress status or percent (%) complete
- Understand and attain knowledge of the design intent, process flows and process equipment functions pertaining to the scope of work,
- Understand key provisions of the contract and manage/control and document contract communications, change orders and other relevant contract documentation
- Participate and conduct weekly construction progress meeting; issue meeting minutes
- Clarify contractor RFI's (with assistance as required by the GE Seeds project team) CM Job Description Page 2 of 2 3/29/2021 | Ver 1.00
- Observe installed work to confirm that contractor(s) is meeting quality requirements in accordance with the technical standards; interface with GE Seeds project team leads to resolve and manage quality issues
- Coordinate and provide guidance to PM and project controls lead on potential change orders; assure timely resolution of change orders
- Prepare weekly construction reports and other reports as requested
- Act as liaison with the Bayer site manager (or the designated site customer representative); meet with site team as required to assure that construction activities are coordinated with the site's operations (this includes but is not limited to: contractor work permits in operating areas that are under the site's control; designated construction areas; designated storage or lay down areas; utility outages; tie-in of utility, process equipment or buildings; pedestrian and vehicle routes; parking; and other critical activities)
- Coordinate with contractor(s) to maintain a complete set of as-built project drawings
- Maintain a complete and current set of drawings, specifications, vendor drawings, shop and working drawings, etc. that are formally issued by the project team to the contractor
- Document, log and provide contractor(s) with guidance in the receipt, storage and release to contractor of Bayer-procured equipment and material; communicate and coordinate with the GE Seeds project team discipline leads as required to verify that equipment and material deliveries are complete
- Monitor, verify and control cost when project work is conducted on a T&M basis
- For projects that are staffed with other Bayer field team members (i.e. safety manager, field coordinators, safety coordinators, administration, materials manager, scheduler); manage site staff activities and areas of responsibilities including time and expenses
IMPORTANT NOTE for POTENTIAL US CANDIDATES: Our client expects its colleagues to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Colleagues are also expected to disclose their vaccination status and if fully vaccinated, provide proof of vaccination status to Occupational Medicine. Our client defines fully vaccinated in alignment with CDC which is two weeks after completing the two-dose vaccine regimen or two weeks after completing the one-dose regimen. Additionally, colleagues are also required to comply with state, local and customer requirements.
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$