|Date Posted||April 8, 2021|
Product Design Technician - Decorah, IA
Come Build The World With Us
This is the career you've been waiting for your whole life. Joining the Stanley Black & Decker team means working in an innovative, tech-driven and highly collaborative team environment supported by over 58,000 professionals in 60 countries across the globe. Here, you'll get the unique chance to impact some of the world's most iconic brands including STANLEY TOOLS, DEWALT, CRAFTSMAN, MAC TOOLS and Black & Decker. Your ideas and solutions have the potential to reach millions of customers as we work together to write the next chapter in our history. Come build with us and take your career to new heights.
Who We Are
We're the World's largest tool company. We're industry visionaries. We're solving problems and advancing the manufacturing trade through innovative technology and our Industry 4.0 Initiative. We are committed to ensuring our state-of-the-art "smart factory" products and services provide greater quality to our customers & greater environmental and social value to our planet.We are unique in that we have a rich and storied history dating back to 1843, but that hasn't stopped us from evolving into a vibrant, diverse, global growth company.
Who You Are
You're a curious problem solver who has the ability to bring big ideas to life. You're creative and scrappy but can navigate a large organization with ease. You're agile and adaptable but work with precision to ensure we deliver top-notch customer experiences, always. You also have:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Associate degree in drafting or related technical field or at least two years production related working experience
- Strong computer skills-drafting programs CAD and Pro-E
- Thorough knowledge of mechanical drafting processes
- Strong organizational, analytical and quantitative skills
- Ability to work with detail or limited details
- Ability to work independently, plan and exercise good judgment under pressure
- Ability to work with a variety of groups
- Ability to read, comprehend and follow oral and written instructions
- Lead time understanding
- Knowledge of fastener manufacturing
- Knowledge of IATF16949 and ISO14001 requirements.
What You'll Do
The Product Design Technician produces and maintains drawings and other engineering documents pertaining to production, tooling, sales and equipment. This position supports and aids other departments with technical information and process knowledge.
- Resolves technical problems.
- Monitors compliance to departmental policies and procedures.
- Researches and defines industry standard through the use of technical manuals and Engineering function.
- Clarifies and standardizes information received from customers in order to define products for design purposes.
- Works with Applications and Quality Departments to determine process capabilities and development.
- Maintains and updates print files ensuring they contain the most recent customer specifications.
- Reviews engineering changes, checking for accuracy and then adds necessary changes to the print.
- Completes Engineering Change Form as required.
- Engages in liaison activities between Engineering, Applications and Quality Departments.
- Provides guidance to manufacturing/assembly teams in resolving production issues.
- Works with internal personnel and vendors on new process and improvement projects.
- Manages project work such that internal and external deadlines are met.
- Works cross functionally and with related departments to obtain needed information or assistance.
- Participates in production planning and print review meetings to obtain information needed to produce accurate prints.
- Draws prints as needed for tooling, production, progression, Formax, gauging and sales.
- Discriminates between capable and incapable processes using acquired knowledge of machine manufacturing capabilities.
- Makes cost effective suggestions.
- Utilizes failure mode effects analysis during new part review process to suggest possible process improvements.
- Provides training to others within department and facility as needed.
- Maintains a clean and neat work area.
- Follows company safety rules and regulations.
- Brings hazards to the attention of supervisor or manager.
- Performs other similar duties as assigned.
- Must be available to work overtime as needed.
Benefits & Perks
You'll get a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits plan that includes medical, dental, life, vision, wellness program, disability, 401k, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Paid Time Off, including paid vacation, holidays & personal days, and tuition reimbursement. And, of course, discounts on Stanley Black & Decker tools and products and well as discount programs for many other vendors and partners.
What You'll Also Get
- Career Opportunity: Career paths aren't linear here. Being part of our global company with 60+ brands gives you the chance to grow and develop your skills along multiple career paths.
- Learning & Development: Our lifelong learning philosophy means you'll have access to a wealth of state-of-the-art learning resources, including our Lean Academy and online university (where you can get certificates and specializations from renowned colleges and universities).
- Diverse & Inclusive Culture: We pride ourselves on being an awesome place to work. We respect and embrace differences because that's how the best work gets done. You'll find we like to have fun here, too.
- Purpose-Driven Company: You'll help us continue to make positive changes in the local communities where we work and live as well as in the broader world through volunteerism, giving back and sustainable business practices.
Stanley Black & Decker is one of the world's largest, fastest growing and most dynamic companies.SBD, a Fortune 200 companyis a world-leading provider of tools and storage, commercial electronic security and engineered fastening systems, with unique growth platforms and a track record of sustained profitable growth.
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status or any other protected characteristic. - provided by Dice