|Date Posted||April 14, 2021|
Mining / Oil / Gas
Sunnova is a different kind of Power Company, offering rooftop solar service to homeowners within the United States and its territories through our network of local sales and installation partners. Our mission is to change the energy industry by providing the choice of low-cost, worry-free solar power that generates long-term savings for our customers and continued business growth for our partners.
Come be part of the fastest growing segment of the energy industry!
The goal of the Principal Engineer - Solar is to optimize the performance and production of Sunnova systems through a combination of PV and Storage simulation, monitoring, equipment selection, and process improvement.
- Partner with senior leadership in the development and deliver of strategic initiatives.
- Develop and improve Sunnova fleet solar simulation software to accurately model predicted system performance in every region.
- Oversee the development and archiving of solar system meter data.
- Supervise the reporting of fleet performance metrics to all stakeholders both internal and external
- Assist in the selection of new PV and related equipment.
- Identify key areas of process improvement that contribute to enhanced fleet performance.
- Assist senior leadership and stakeholders with financing activities by interfacing with Independent Engineering firms and banks.
- Provide a comprehensive evaluation of new technologies (modules, inverters, Energy Storage Systems, racking and integrated systems) to determine impact on productions, reliability, EPC cost and NPV impact.
- Identify opportunities to optimize project return by modifying design parameters such as DC/AC ratio to ensure best energy prediction.
- Analyze and determine legacy performance for existing sites by comparing energy production with PV system simulations using real world weather data.
- Identify best choice of meteorological file for each state through extensive knowledge of government and third-party data sources.
- Oversee and manage the creation of monthly site reports to reflect contractual requirement and overview of site operations and performance.
- Design the meteorological station installation packages on all sites.
- Full comprehension of all aspects of PV system simulation and monitoring including the impact of design parameters and new technologies.
- Must be an expert in MS Excel and Python programming language
- Experience in the operation and performance analysis of residential solar systems including familiarity with major equipment manufacturers.
- Experience managing a technical team
- Masters degree or higher from an accredited college or university in a science, technology, engineering or mathematics field.
- 5+ years relevant experience
- Solid analytical, organizational and planning skills.
- Detail oriented with the ability to multi-task
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong written and communication skills in order to communicate with all levels of management
- Ability to work as a team member and interact with other departments
LOCATION: HOUSTON, TX
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are selected for a position, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test (and medical examination if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process.