|Date Posted||June 22, 2022|
Trades & Services
Specific duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Greet and welcome guests as they arrive to the hotel.
- Retrieve guest items from cars, busses, vans, and carts. Grasp, lift, carry and/or load luggage and packages onto a bell cart to transport items throughout hotel to designated room. Navigate bell cart through public areas, guest room corridors and to elevators.
- Read and match luggage tags, write claim tickets, and detach portion to give to guest.
- Organize and store luggage as necessary in a designated area.
- Valet park guest's vehicles.
- Deliver gifts and amenities to guest rooms
- Deliver guest's valet laundry to guest rooms.
- Direct guest flow through hotel giving assistance and direction to various areas in hotel.
- Always maintain a professional image while at work.
- Able to provide accurate and appropriate information to guests and customers.
- Responds to guest requests and handle guest issues or reports complaints to management.
- Remain calm and alert, especially during emergency and/or heavy hotel activity.
- Answer guest questions regarding area or hotel, outlet information and services.
- Cash handling accuracy including responsibility for House Bank.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Valid driving license with acceptable DMV driving history.
- Ability to stand and move throughout the property and continuously perform essential job functions.
- Ability to read, listen, and communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to grasp, lift, and or carry or otherwise move packages and boxes and luggage up to 50 lbs continuously throughout shift.
- Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations.
- Ability to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, kneeling, running and walking significant distances on property.
- Solid multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays.
Must be available to work shifts from 3pm-11pm.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This position is very active and is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers to handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms, occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.