|Date Posted||September 21, 2022|
|Category|| Trades & Services |
|Job Type|| Permanent |
Center 2 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Platform Engineer, Endpoint Security Operations (Remote-Eligible)
The Endpoint Security team is looking for a Platform Engineer to manage the servers and applications that run our security tools here at Capital One. This candidate will be working with our AWS environment that delivers Anti-malware, DLP, EDR and forensics tools to various devices across the enterprise. They will be responsible for ensuring AWS instance lifetime policy is met and that our technology stacks are rebuilt in DevOps continuous uptime pattern. They will also be working directly with end users to help them manage & support these security tools.
- Responsible for managing backend platforms, front end agents, upgrades, patching and general maintenance
- Work with the team and partners to proactively patch vulnerabilities in the backend systems
- Work with partner teams to test and rollout agents to various Endpoints
- Work with policy management team to troubleshoot issues with endpoint agents, backend platforms
- Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across multiple Operating Systems
- Provide production support on rotation basis
- Will perform routine operational maintenance during off business hours
- Will participate in on call rotations and escalation to troubleshoot and resolve issues
- Will participate in Disaster Recovery Exercises ensuring stability of environment
- Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in internal & external technology communities, and mentor other members of the engineering community
Capital One is open to hiring a Remote Employee for this opportunity.
- High School Diploma, GED or Equivalent Certification
- At least 3 years of system administration experience
- At least 2 years of Cloud experience with AWS, Microsoft Azure, or Google Cloud Platform
- At least 2 years of experience in Cyber Security
- At least 1 year of experience with CLI tools and automation
- At least 1 year of experience with monitoring and alerting toolsets (New Relic, Jira, OnPage, Dynatrace or PagerDuty)
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- In-depth working experience in AWS, EC2 instances, Lambda functions, RDS or Route53
- Experience managing mixed environments of Mac/PC/Linux
- Experience in managing large scale deployments of tools to endpoints
- Experience in Process Automation, Microsoft Windows Native security tools, Windows PowerShell Scripting or Linux Shell Scripting
- Experience with DevOps and CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with Microsoft Azure and GCP
- Experience with configuration and incident management
- 2+ years Python coding experience, GIT, Jenkins
- Managed partner relationships, especially those involving vendors that provide services
- AWS Certification (Solutions Architect, Developer or SysOps)
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections ; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1- or via email at . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).