|Date Posted||January 24, 2023|
We are currently seeking a Night Shift Mechanical/Piping Engineer to join our growing team in Pueblo, CO. This is a project based position reporting to the engineering manager The Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for planning and conducting work requiring judgment in the evaluation, selection, application and adaptation of engineering techniques, procedures and criteria under supervision of a senior engineer.
- Review various OEM and Utility drawings to find the optimal balance between low installed cost while maintaining operability and maintainability
- Provide technical support for procurement specifications; quality control; non-conformance, re-specification or design; and test applications
- Prepare all project documentation, issue contracts, follow fabrication of equipment, install equipment into facilities
- Support projects including participation in all interface meetings, providing input to cost and schedule estimates, development of project reports, presentation of cognizant information and other related project support identified by project leadership
- Specify problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables as they pertain to the project
- Work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations
- Balance cost vs benefit to find the lowest practical installed cost for mechanical and fluid systems
- Bachelor s degree (BS) in any applicable engineering from an accredited engineering program; typically, five (5) years of related experience and training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Fundamentals of Engineering Exam passage preferred
- Multiple years of experience, over multiple projects, reviewing various OEM and Utility drawings to find the optimal balance between low installed cost while maintaining operability and maintainability
- Experience in all fluid and piping system design, specification, installation, QC/QA and startup commissioning of these systems. Emphasis on hydraulic systems rated to 200 Bar
- Experience in Safety, EHS and ergonomic engineering practices
- Experience working in a Heavy Industrial Construction and Plant site
- Expert level knowledge in equipment layout, optimization, value engineering and detailed alignment
- Experience at balancing cost vs benefit
- Ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams with varying educational, professional, and cultural background using verbal and written communication
- Knowledge of mathematics required in complex mechanical computations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables