|Location||New York, New York|
|Date Posted||June 23, 2022|
Call Centre / CustomerService
How you move is why we're here.
Now more than ever.
Get back to what you need and love to do.
The possibilities are endless...
Now more than ever, our guiding principles are helping us in our search for exceptional talent - candidates who align with our unique workplace culture and who want to maximize
the abundant opportunities for growth and success.
If this describes you then let's talk!
HSS is consistently among the top-ranked hospitals for orthopedics and rheumatology by U.S. News & World Report . As a recipient of the Magnet Award for Nursing Excellence, HSS was the first hospital in New York City to receive the distinguished designation. Whether you are early in your career or an expert in your field, you will find HSS an innovative, supportive and inclusive environment.
Working with colleagues who love what they do and are deeply committed to our Mission, you too can be part of our transformation across the enterprise
Patient Access Specialist
A highly visible customer service position that is responsible for the reception of patients, families, and health care providers. The Patient Access Specialist is an expert in areas of customer service, registration/scheduling, insurance, and HSS Standards of Care. Patient Access Specialist is expected to score in the top 5% of measureable categories within 6 months of hire.
- Provide exceptional customer service to all patients, visitors, and customers
- Prioritize patient flow
- Verify insurance and obtain benefits
- Triage phone calls and schedule appointments
- Respond to patient, visitor, and customer inquiries
- Obtain patient demographics, personal information, and medical history by interviewing patients
- Collect payments
- Performs other related duties incidental to the work described herein
- Bachelor's degree preferred; Diploma or equivalent with 3 years of experience
- Two years in a healthcare or related customer service field
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Knowledge of healthcare and health insurance
- Familiarity with medical terminology
- Displays positive attitudes towards assignments and others
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide and calculate percentages