|Location||South Bend, Indiana|
|Date Posted||June 22, 2022|
Trades & Services
Sprays parts with proper chemical compound as contracted by our customer and documented on the DPC. Identifies necessary pretreatments as noted by chemical manufacturer, and ensures that the product surface is in suitable condition to be sprayed. Must maintain clean, safe, and organized work area.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Working knowledge of customer requirements and specifications, including the ability to read, and make processing decisions based on, customer blueprints.
* Proper performance of advanced spraying techniques.
* Utilize safe methods of handling material, including chemicals, required in all aspects of process.
* Deciding on and performing proper masking techniques necessary to meet customer requirements.
* Performing and understanding various mixing techniques, including testing of viscosity levels, and the effects achieved from different concentrations.
* Proper maintenance, setup, use, and cleaning of equipment required to perform required processes.
* Basic hanging methods and techniques.
* Working knowledge of grain direction and how it relates to customer requirements.
* Understanding of various cleaning and pretreatment processes and their effects on customer parts.
* Testing and performance evaluation of dry films and other materials used in required processes.
* Proper use of ovens and other drying techniques, including curing temperatures and procedures.
* Visual in-process inspection and required testing (adhesion testing, solvent testing, film thickness testing, etc.) and basic troubleshooting of performance problems.
* Verifying effectiveness of expired materials, and necessary proper disposal of ineffective materials.
* Continuous improvement of various techniques performed within the duties of the position to improve productivity, efficiency, and the cost-effectiveness of the process.
* Monitoring visible emissions from paint booths.
* Continuous performance of administrative tasks associated with the process, including processing (and maintenance if required) of any records generated from these tasks.
* Understanding of VOC limitation requirements, and calculation and maintenance of VOC usage records.
* Lift 40-50 lbs. on a repetitive basis without assistance
* Stand on a continual basis for duration of shift
* Various types of Respirators are required for this position. Respirator training, fit testing, & medical evaluations are also required for respirator issuance.
Entry level. Works to continuously improve on skills obtained through training, and master the skills listed above in the Primary Responsibility.
KNOWLEDGE / EXPERIENCE
Possess knowledge required to complete all Imagineering internal paperwork. Understands the different types of Dry Film Lubricants and other materials, and what they may be used for. Also understands principals with regards to pretreatment techniques. Must have completed all training requirements to reach this level of operator status.
Assignments range from fairly basic to moderately complex based on the specific customer requirements. Operator may be assisted in making decisions ranging from pretreatment to curing processes. Follows Imagineering's internally generated job instructions and has an understanding of the quality assurance system of controls.
Reports to Production Manager. Normally receives little instruction on routine work other than DPC instructions, and detailed instruction, when necessary, on spraying techniques. May receive instruction and training from Level 2 Technicians, Quality Assurance, or other disciplines as required to meet the companies planned goals or objectives.
The individual is encouraged to complete at least 24 hours of job related training per year. This may be accomplished through University-level courses, seminars, continuing education courses, or as approved by the Executive Management Committee.
This position rarely requires travel. However, local and overnight travel may be required occasionally.
Disclaimer: Although Imagineering has attempted to accurately and thoroughly describe this position, Imagineering reserves the right to change the same, including to change, add to or subtract from the duties outlined, within the sole discretion of the Company, at any time, with or without advance notice.
The following physical activities are essential job functions for this position.
Amount of Time
NoneUnder 1/31/3 to 2/3Over 2/3Stand X Walk X Sit X Use hands and fingers, handle or feel XReach with hands and arms - pulling, grasp, grab X Climb or Balance X Stoop, Kneel, Crouch, or Crawl X Talk or Hear X Taste or Smell X Other Other
Well-lighted, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor office/production setting with adequate ventilation.
* Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. at times and maintain 2-10 lbs. for several minutes
* Must be able to push and pull racks, carts, dolly's, etc. when job requires up to several hundred lbs.
Amount of Time
NoneUnder 1/31/3 to 2/3Over 2/3Up to 10 pounds X Up to 25 pounds X Up to 50 pounds X Up to 100 pounds (with assistance)X More than 100 pounds (with assistanceX
* Close Vision (Clear vision at 20 inches or less)
* Distance Vision (Clear vision at 20 feet or more)
* Color Vision (Ability to identify and distinguish colors)
* Peripheral Vision (Ability to observe an area that may be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point)
* Depth Perception (Three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships)
* Ability to Adjust Focus (Ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus)
Physical Activity Level
Moderate physical activity performing somewhat strenuous daily activities of a primarily product/technical nature.