|Date Posted||April 8, 2021|
Operations & Maintenance - ORBIT ENERGY & POWER
"Our team exists for the purpose of making our world a more environmentally friendly planet through every single renewable energy project that we deploy." Our core values of Honesty and Integrity will be demonstrated every single day in our dealings with our clients, vendors, and co-workers. With forward-thinking leadership, we continually strive to maximize growth opportunities and profitability for the mutual benefit of our Employees, Industry Partners, and Investors. We lead by example in our never-ending pursuit of developing and building the most innovative and profitable renewable energy solutions to benefit our customers, our communities, and our world.
Orbit Energy & Power provides comprehensive service to support commercial and residential solar projects from design, to installation and maintenance. We are looking for an Operations & Maintenance Technician who will be responsible for performing preventative and reactive maintenance, electrical troubleshooting, electronic monitoring set-up of residential/commercial solar power plants. There may be occasions that demand very quick reactions such as 24-hour turn-around time to system failures. It is expected that, on occasion, the O & M Tech will be called into work during nights and/or weekends. We prefer someone with a strong background in electrical installation, solar electrical systems and customer service.
- Perform status checks; document and complete work reports
- Flexibility to remain on-call with supervisor
- Knowledge of electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems; solar plant systems and testing equipment
- Troubleshoot and resolve solar PV and battery storage system issue including emergency repairs and corrective maintenance
- Communicate effectively with remote drivers in office
- Ensure sites are operating at full power and with full efficiency
- Represent Orbit Energy & Power with utmost professionalism
- Adhere to strict safety precautions
- 1-2 Years O & M Tech experience
- Background knowledge of solar systems and electrical components preferred
- Strong electrical and mechanical troubleshooting skills
- Ability to troubleshoot system failures
- Strong analytical, diagnostic and problem-solving skills
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Valid NJ Driver's License and clean motor vehicle report
- Must be able to pass criminal background and drug screen tests
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Company Vehicle/Mileage Reimbursement, E-Z Pass
- Company tablet for field home use
- Company Uniform
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
Our Team has been involved in the commercial general and electrical construction industry throughout the US for more than 30+ years with more than 19+ years being directly involved in the Solar & Renewable Energy fields helping to both structure deals as well as Design/ Build some of the largest and highest profile projects here in the States i.e. the first ever worldwide installs for such companies as DuPont Nemours, Johnson & Johnson and MERCK Pharmaceutical. We were involved in the original contract negotiations and build-out of such projects as The Eagles Stadium (Lincoln Financial Field), The Atlantic City Convention Center, The Liberty Science Center, GOYA Foods, Fed-Ex facilities located on the Newark-Liberty International Airport property, The Liberty Science Center Museum, DelDot, Baltimore-Washington International Airport, CHOP (Children's Hospital of Philadelphia), The New Barnes Foundation Museum in Philadelphia, Urban Outfitters in Gap, PA just to name a few.
Orbit Energy and Power is an equal opportunity employer.
Powered by JazzHR