|Date Posted||June 23, 2022|
Mining / Oil / Gas
NDT/RTS Operator (Final Visual) - Mentor, OH (2nd Shift)
United States of America
State / County
Full Time, Permanent
With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability - not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
In 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
PCC Airfoils LLC has achieved its preeminent position in the manufacture of aircraft engine blades and vanes and is rapidly gaining market share in the Industrial Gas Turbines industry through pushing the boundaries of Advanced Technology. PCC Airfoils LLC is one of only a few companies in the world that possesses the technology and capability to cast blades and vanes with complex, internal cooling passages out of sophisticated superalloys for aerospace and Industrial Gas Turbine customers. PCC Airfoils LLC has the advantage of being the leader in the production of airfoils for aircraft engines and of capturing a growing share of the market for Industrial Gas Turbine castings. Several new state-of-the-art casting furnaces were recently installed in PCC Airfoils' facilities along with new ceramic dip lines to handle the increased volume. The dip lines feature the most advanced technology available to ensure process repeatability, improving yields and facilitating on-time product delivery.
At PCC Mentor, we believe that access to reliable power and freedom of travel are essential rights for all. We live our values by manufacturing highly complex investment castings utilizing proprietary technology for use in industrial gas turbine and aerospace engines. Our highly skilled team members make our vision a reality.
The products that we manufacture can be found in over 180 countries and is responsible for generating 1/3rd of the world's electricity needs! Simply put, the PCC Mentor team makes power, possible.
As the world's need for power and aerospace technology continues to grow, so does our need for team members that believe in our vision. If you are looking for an opportunity to help power the world, a career at PCC Mentor may be right for you.
The NDT/RTS Operator (Final Visual) must be able to interpret specifications issued by the Quality Control Department in fulfilling manufacturing's inspection operations. Must be able to perform operations and operate all equipment efficiently in the belting, stoning, and gauging of metal castings, defined as turbine components or castings of comparable weight and size (from approximately 5 to 75 pounds).
Benefits for Team Members:
* Quarterly Cash Bonus Program
* 401k with up to 5.5% employer match
* Medical, Vision, Dental Insurance (no cost increase in 8 years!)
* Employee Discount Programs (AT&T, Verizon, General Motors, etc.)
* $2.10/hr shift differential
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
* Belt and stone finishing and refinishing of visual indications.
* Perform all gauging necessary.
* Perform all required operations on buffing wheel.
* Sand blast.
* Insure dimensional integrity of all parts utilizing gauges, micrometers, calipers, and dial indicators.
* Insure visual acceptance of castings
* Pass inspection test.
* Records on a daily basis all work performed and correct distribution of work time identifying same by operational codes. Must follow the routing card in sequence.
* Perform visual inspection of all castings and determine the acceptability to specifications, re-routing unacceptable parts back to the appropriate finishing operation when needed or classifies and holds rejected parts for review.
* Properly identify castings to be shipped with the appropriate codes, symbols, and mater heat number.
* Assist in preparation of shipping documents.
* Meet the specific requirements of the efficiency standard as established by Manufacturing.
* Record, on a daily basis, all work performed and the correct distribution of the work time by operational code and operating department.
* Keeps work area clean, following all safety rules.
* Maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that gets along with customers, clients, co-workers and superviors.
* Perform other duties as designated by the supervisor.
Experience and Education
* A high school diploma or equivalent is preferred, and may be substituted by manufacturing experience.
* One year of manufacturing experience preferred. Previous experience in the casting industry is a plus.
* Ability to bring your best self every day to safely meet and exceed production and quality standards
* Ability to thrive in an environment where business and team needs may change to help "Make the Day"
* Shop Math: Understanding of basic math calculations
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills
* Ability to perform duties in working conditions which may include exposure to noise, dust, chemicals, temperature extremes, multiple physical positions and other elements for extended periods of time. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship