|Date Posted||November 25, 2021|
Mining / Oil / Gas
At CF Industries, our mission is to provide clean energy to feed and fuel the world sustainably. Our employees are focused on safe and reliable operations, environmental stewardship, and disciplined capital and corporate management. By joining CF, you will be part of a team that brings their varied experiences, wide-ranging knowledge and diverse talents together to deliver important work and you'll be able to pursue complex, exciting opportunities that help you continue to grow and achieve your potential in different areas. You'll take pride in working for a company that lives its values and where you can be yourself at work, as part of an authentic team that encourages you to share your views and opinions. Our nine manufacturing complexes in the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom, an unparalleled storage, transportation and distribution network in North America, and logistics capabilities enabling a global reach underpin our strategy to leverage our unique capabilities to accelerate the world's transition to clean energy.
AL0100F Raw Material Procurement, Exempt
Supports natural gas procurement activities including development of management presentations, market analysis, trade execution, scheduling, invoice reconciliation, and financial reporting.
Analysis & Reporting
* Prepares frequent written natural gas reports in compliance with Natural Gas Acquisition Policy, in addition to ad hoc reports and forecasts
* Assists in developing improved reporting and analysis tools in the energy trading risk management (ETRM) system, including system testing and developing internal system training tools
* Supports development of management presentations and external reporting materials
* Performs analysis of global energy markets (supply, demand, flows, prices) to support decision making at an enterprise level
* Attends external industry events such as natural gas conferences or supplier fundamentals presentations and brings back learnings to the greater team, as required
* Research industry changes and announcements that may impact CF's natural gas procurement strategy and summarizes for the team (e.g. changes to natural gas pipeline infrastructure, responsibly sourced natural gas, CNG/LNG, etc)
Raw Materials Operations
* Ensures accuracy of all system records for both physical and financial trades by entering or validating trade data, summarizing and comparing results to plan and prior periods
* Leads the trade confirmation process for the front office team and resolves discrepancies with counterparties as needed
* Reconciles gas supply invoices to internal records and resolves discrepancies with physical and financial suppliers in coordination with back office team
* Assists natural gas managers in nominating gas transportation and balancing the company's pipeline positions on both a daily and monthly basis
* Prepares annual FERC form 552 submission in coordination with natural gas managers
* Coordinates team compliance with new regulations, especially those that relate to commodities derivatives trading (e.g. Dodd Frank regulations).
* Monitors market activity through systems, publications and inquiries to industry experts, providing market updates to management when appropriate
Understands and complies with established departmental processes and procedures designed to support internal controls efforts. Identifies and brings to the attention of department management internal controls deficiencies. Operates with the highest level of professionalism and discretion.
Successful incumbents will have:
* Bachelor's Degree in business or a technical specialization
* One to three years of experience in the energy industry, with preference given to direct experience in the natural gas space, especially as it relates to natural gas scheduling, trade analysis, and/or MTM reporting. Knowledge of ETRM systems (Allegro, OpenLink Endur) considered an asset.
* Well-developed planning and analytical skills with attention to detail in record keeping
* Self-driven, with a track record of owning projects and completing them with full accountability and little direct supervision required
* Excellent communication skills
* Personal computer proficiency and proven spreadsheet analysis skills
* Willingness/ability to travel domestically and internationally about 10% of time
* Capability to exercise appropriate discretion and judgment in representing the company and its interests externally
The Raw Materials Procurement department is responsible for the procurement of natural gas and related services for the company. The department's annual purchase budget typically exceeds $1 billion. Natural gas comprises approximately 80% of the production cost of nitrogen fertilizers
Raw Materials Procurement provides services to Agri-Business Analysis, Investor Relations, Distribution Facilities, Manufacturing, Sales, Planning and Control and Public Affairs. It also represents the company to outside suppliers and consultants.
* CF Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
* Employees in the US can learn more about their rights by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster (PDF) and others as detailed below:
Employee Polygraph Protection Act
* Employees in Canada can learn more about their rights by viewing the "Canadian Human Rights Act".
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at CF Industries, or if you need reasonable accommodation with the application process, please call or contact us at .
JOIN OUR TALENT NETWORK